He doesn't like your best friends influence over you...

Start from the beginning

NIALL: "What on earth are you eating? You're not a rabbit you know," Niall laughs as he eyes your plate of greenery. "Haha," you roll your eyes sarcastically, ironically taking a bite of a carrot stick, "There's plenty for you too Bugs Bunny,". "As tempting as that offer sounds," he leans down, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he passes, "I think i'd rather have some real food like... Spag bol," he indicates, pulling a box of leftovers from the night before out of the fridge. After putting the food in the microwave he takes a seat opposite you at the dining table, watching as you unenthusiastically pick at your salad. "Why are you even eating a salad?" he asks curiously. "Why not?" you reply simply, raising an eyebrow. Niall scoffs, "You don't even usually eat the side salad with a meal, so don't for a second think I wouldn't find it strange you eating all that green,". You sigh, smiling slightly, "Carrie is on a diet,". You watch as his brows knit together, "And what's that got to do with you eating like a rabbit?". "Well i'm going on a diet too, you know, for moral support," you fidget awkwardly on the dining room chair, "And well, you know I could always lose a few pounds. Carrie says that if I eat healthy and go to the gym everyday i'll be skinny in no time -". "What? No," Niall interrupts, stunned, "No way is she encouraging you to 'get skinny',". You sigh, "She's just trying to help,". He scoffs harshly, "She's a shit friend if she thinks that's helping. You don't need to lose any weight at all, you don't want to be skinny,". You bite your lip nervously. "Please," his tone is begging, "Please don't do this diet - i'd rather see you eat pizza anyday. You don't need to lose weight, you're the perfect size in my eyes because you're a healthy size. I don't want you to hurt yourself just because she wants to go on a stupid diet,". You feel yourself choking up on the sincerity in his voice and you get up, moving around the table to sit on his lap, "Thank you," you whisper, "I really do hate salads you know,".

LIAM: "Ugh, i'm tired," you groan, falling back onto the settee, reaching down to pull off your heels and throwing them across the room haphazardly. You and Liam had just gotten home from a party with all your family and family friends. When Liam only mumbles in return you look over at him curiously, finding his eyebrows knitted close together, "What's got your brain hurting so much love?". He looks over at you and smiles awkwardly, "I think you'd be mad at me if I told you the truth,". You pat the space beside you, asking for him to join you, "I won't get mad, I promise,". He wraps his arm around your shoulders as he settles beside you and you snuggle into his side before he mutters, "I don't like Rachel,". You turn your head to look up at him in surprise - why didn't he like your best friend? "Why, did she say something?" you babble, talking fast out of shock, "Rachel's great and lovely... We've been friends for years,". "I'm sure she is lovely," he smiles down at you warmly as his hand strokes through your hair gently, "I just don't like that you're completely different when you're with her, and I don't know which one of you is really you,". You nod slowly, understanding what he was referring to, and you begin to explain, "Me and Rachel, we've been best friends for years but, I don't know, we've never been that emotional. Like we never talked about the serious stuff, deep stuff because it'd always just be awkward, so we just didn't. I thought that was normal... I only started opening up when I met you," you add with a smile. "Well i'm very glad that you felt you could open up to me then, because I most definitely love it when you do," he places a kiss to the top of your head. You chuckle slightly beside him, teasing "Yeah, since I met you, i've turned into a right soppy git,". "Nothing wrong with that," he laughs, wrapping his arms around you tighter.

LOUIS: "Babe, what's the matter?" Louis' anxious voice meets your ears as he walks into the bedroom, rushing to your side when he finds you sat on the bed crying. You hastily try to wipe away the tears that slide down your cheeks, but quickly give up when fresh ones just replace them. "It's Faye," you sniff, "She's fallen out with me, she hates me,". To your surprise, instead of offering you the space between his arms to comfort you, Louis just gets to his feet and starts getting himself changed for bed, a disgruntled expression on his face. "Lou?" you trail off, watching him move around the bedroom in confusion - this wasn't like him. "I'm sick of it (Y/N), i'm sick of her," he snaps suddenly, "I wish you could see how much of a ride she takes you on, I hate seeing you like this,". His words stun you and you look at him with wide eyes and he takes a seat on the bed beside you, his comment effectively stopping your tears. "What do you mean?" you stutter, frowning slightly, "She's my best friend, she has been for years...". "And you let her walk all over you," he emphasises, taking your hand and squeezing it, "And you let her. Then she'll come waddling back and you'll forgive her because you always do and she knows that, no matter how disgusting she's been to you. I hate seeing you go through this time and time again,". Your eyes close when you feel him bring his hand up to gently stroke your cheek, "I don't know what you mean Lou...". "You know i'll defend you to the ends of the earth," he whispers, and you open your eyes to find his face inches from your own, "But there's only so much I can do when you don't even try to defend yourself,". You drop his gaze, looking down at the mobile in your hand where you had been midway through writing an apologetic text message to Faye, but instead of clicking send, your clear it before placing the phone on the bedside table. Beneath the covers you snuggle up to your boyfriend's side. His arms are wrapped tightly around you as he whispers in your ear, "I wish you could see how amazing you are, I love you,".