ALTERNATE ENDING

Alyx’s Point of View

I wake up in my bed with Liam’s arms wrapped around me. I shift my weight and try not to wake him.

I obviously fail. “Good morning, beautiful.” He smiles and kisses my forehead. He sits up and stretches his arms out.

“Happy Valentines Day, Liam.” I smile and hug him. He smiles and gets up out of the bed.

“Want me to make breakfast?” He asks as he pulls on a blue long sleeved shirt and then his robe.

“Sure.” We both head downstairs and Liam goes into the kitchen as I sit down at the island.

“What do you want?” He turns his back to me. He reaches into the fridge and takes out a berry smoothy and hands it to me.

“You.” I say seductively and take a sip of the smoothy. He turns around slowly with a goofy grin on his face. His eyebrows go up in a playful manner and he bites at the air.

We both laugh and he continues to search the fridge.

“Eggs and toast is fine with me.” I say with a smile still on my face.

“Oh come on! That’s not a challenge at all!” He winks back at me and pulls out the egg carton. I forgot that my boyfriend loves to cook.

He cracks some eggs and all of a sudden, my stomach lurches.

“Oh God...” I hold my stomach and run to the bathroom. And out goes my guts.

“Alyx? You okay?” Liam runs in and grabs my hair, pulling it away from my face. I grab some toilet paper and wipe my mouth.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Where did that come from? I wasn’t even feeling sick earlier.

“Was it the smell of the eggs?” I nod and he runs to the kitchen to, my guess is, to throw out the eggs.

He walks back in and helps me up. “That’s really odd. Did you eat something bad last night?”

My nose scrunches up as I try to remember what I had. I snap my fingers. “Oooh! I had some undercooked steak. That could have been it.” I walk out of the bathroom with Liam’s arm wrapped tightly around my waist.

“Should I just make some toast then?” He looks down at me, his eyes full with concern. I just nod at him and sit back down at the island.

“Oh wait! I’m gonna go call Jenny.” I run upstairs and dial my best friends number.

“It’s Jen Jen! How may I be of services to you, lovely Alyxandria?” I laugh.

“Jenny, something weird happened today. Liam was going to make me eggs but as soon as he cracked one, I threw up. That’s never happened before.” I hug my stomach and sit down on my bed.

“Hmmm...do you think it could be from that one nigh-”

“NO. Oh heck no! We were...” I look around as if expecting my mum to be listening in. “We were careful.” I whisper.

“Alyx. You know that it could still happen, protection or not. How long has it been since you two, ya know, did ‘it.’” Oh goodness. My cheeks flush red as I walk over to my calendar. I look back to see it was about two weeks ago.

“Two weeks ago? It was right after Niall and I got back from Oregon.” I say out loud. I grimace at the memories of that one night with Niall. I haven't even been able to tell my best friend about it.

“You need to check. Go get a pregnancy test!”

“Jen, I really don’t think I’m pregnant!” I hear a muffled sound on the other line that sounds like Jenny is talking to someone else while holding onto the receiver.