Chapter 10

Danielle’s Point of View

"This is the girl I get dumped for? Liam, she isn’t even pretty,” That was stupid. It’s an obvious lie. Alyx is beautiful, gorgeous. She’s prettier than I am by far.

The hurt and shock appears on Liam’s face. And then, anger. I’ve never seen Liam angry before. He's always been able to handle situations in a mature matter without getting too upset. My heart drops all the way down to my feet.

I’m hurting him.

One half of me says that. But the other decides that he deserves it. He dumped me for a fan!

But I still love him...he deserves the best in life.

But right now, I deserve better.

I’m trying to look impatient, like I don’t care. But the problem is, I do. More than I am willing to admit. Then again, I won’t ever have to now will I?

“Liam, calm down. You know she’s just trying to piss you off, which is obviously working.....but just ignore her! Don’t give her the satisfaction!” Louis looks over at me before placing his hands on Liam’s shoulders.

I roll my eyes at him as if saying;

‘Oh please! I’ll never get enough satisfaction.’

Which is true. I’ll never forgive myself for what I’m going to do.

I walk down the hallway toward Liam’s room. I glance over my shoulder before opening the door. No one is following me.

Perfect.

I go in and lock the door behind me. The first thing I see, is her. She’s just sitting there on his nightstand by his bed. Her smile is perfect. Her shining white teeth are perfect. Her auburn wavy hair is perfect. Even her eyes are perfect...

I’d like to gauge out those speckled green eyes of hers.

I pick up the picture of Alyx Harrison and stare at it. A few seconds go by and my arm starts to shake. I can’t take it anymore. I chuck the picture at the wall, the smooth black frame shatters when it hits the wall and the picture flutters to the ground.

I walk over to the right side of the bed and pick it up. Then I stuff it into my pocket.

I head over to Liam’s closet and open up the wooden doors. My eyes close and I breathe in his scent. As I open my eyes, I see my favourite shirt of his that he used to wear whenever we went out to the movies.

I sit down and hold the blue and green plaid shirt close to me. I feel a tear roll down my cheeck, the wet trail it leaves stains my face. Soon enough, I feel the salty taste of my own tears.

My head jerks up as I hear a knock the door.

“Danielle, open up. Unlock the door now,” Niall’s Irish accent sounds on the other side of the door. I miss our laughs, our long talks through the night when one of us needed a friend. We’ll never have those moments again. I not only lost Liam but four of my best friends.

I throw the shirt back into the closet and run over to the mirror that’s in the left corner of the room near the window. I quickly wipe away my tears and put on my best poker face. Game time.

I walk over and open the door with the annoyed expression back on my face.

“What?” I snap. Niall rolls his eyes and pushes past me.

“What are you really hear for?” He won’t look at me. A part of me longs to embrace him. To have that comfort of a friend back. But I can’t.