Chapter 11

Aubrey's POV

We got in Gabby's car and backed out the driveway. "Do you think I really kissed Dakota?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Who knows."

She laughed. "We don't."

We pulled into my driveway after about five minutes. "God, my head is pounding." I complained.

"Mine is too." She agreed. "Thanks for holding my hair back for me."

"No problem."

"So you and Lukas are a thing now!" She asked, curiousness in her eyes.

I smiled to myself. "Yeah."

"I'm glad. I like him." She said. "But if he ever hurts you, I'll kill him."

I laughed again and we walked up into my room. My mom never came home last night and still wasn't here. We got to my room and laid down on my king sized bed and fell asleep.

•••

We both woke up around 3:00 in the afternoon. I stretched and took a couple more aspirins.

"Can I have a couple more of those?" Gabby asked, sitting up in my bed. I handed her two and a glass of water. "Thanks."

"Your welcome."

We got up and started to change into our clothes. I took off my shirt and was about to put on my sweater when Gabby grabbed my arm. "What?" I asked.

She turned my arm over. I was so confused until I followed her gaze. My wrist. I pulled away quickly.

"Don't tell me your still doing that." She said.

I looked at her. No one understands.

"Aubrey, answer me."

"Not really," I said with my head down.

"Not really? You should be saying 'no'!"

"You don't understand."

"I don't understand? What is there to understand?! Aubrey, your mutilating yourself! Over something terrible, yes, but you need to stop!"

"You don't understand!" I started to raise my voice. "Gabby, I-I... Just don't worry about it."

"Don't worry about it?! How am I supposed to just 'not worry about it'?" She was almost screaming. I was starting to get mad.

"Just that! Don't fucking worry about it. I can take care of myself!"

"Fine!" She said picking up her clothes and shoving them back in her bag. "Sorry I care about you, Aubrey! Sorry I want to keep you alive! I'm done. Kill yourself if your that fucking depressed."

My mouth dropped open. The tears were overflowing. Did she really just say that?

"Oh my god. Aubrey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'm just mad I-... I better go."

With that she headed down the stairs. I slammed my door shut and blacked out. I balled my hand up in a fist and before I could stop myself, there was a hole in the wall. I grabbed my phone.

*To: Alex- Are you at the park?*

*To: Aubrey- yea, why?*

*To: Alex- On my way.*

I looked out my window. Gabby was long gone. I pulled my sweater over my head, slammed the front door shut behind me, and headed to the park.

•••

I walked through the gate and over to Alex. "I don't have any weed on me if that's what your looking for." He said. I looked at his face. His eyes were big.

"What exactly DO you have?" I asked.

He looked around to be sure no one was around. "Well... I-... I have some coke... Doubt it's anything you want."

I replayed what Gabby had said in my mind.

"Let's go."

•••

We walked through the woods, to the fallen tree, and sat down. He pulled a mirror out of his bag and put some coke on the tray. He got some kind of card out and cut it down so it was complete powder. Then he rolled up a dollar bill, made a line, and snorted it up through his nose.

He made another line and passed it to me. I took the dollar from him and plugged one nostril and snorted it. It kind of burned my nose. I rubbed it with the side if my finger and swallowed the residue that got stuck in my throat. It tasted foul but the high hit me right away. I made myself another line and snorted one more.

"Slow down there, champ." He said, laughing. "What made you want to get into this?" He asked.

"Its a need to know kind of thing." I replied matter-of-factly.

He didn't press the issue and did another line. I thanked him and left him in the woods. I needed to see Lukas.

•••

Lukas's POV

There was a knock at my door. I opened it to see Aubrey.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?"

"I was hanging out with Alex, thought I'd come see you."

I looked into her eyes. "Aubrey..."

"What?"

"What did you do?" I asked, concerned.

She looked down and kicked the dirt. "Nothing." She lied.

I knew the truth. I know what Alex was doing now. He was a straight up coke head. "Babe... Don't lie to me. What did you do?"

I honestly didn't want to hear the answer, even though I already knew what she had done. The tears welled up in her eyes. I pulled her in and sat her down on the couch. "Look, you don't need to say it because I already know the truth. Just please babe, please promise me you won't do it again."

She looked down and nodded, tears escaping the rims of her eyes. I held her hand and cupped her chin in the other to make her look at me. She squeezed her eyes together, causing more tears to fall. I wiped them away and gently put my lips on hers.

•••

Aubrey's POV

God, I felt like a piece of shit. I couldn't do anything right. I disappointed everybody. Gabby, Lukas. Lukas kissed me one more time. "I gotta go." I told him. He nodded and kissed me at the door. I started the walk home. My mother still wasn't home. I checked my phone that I had left on my bed.

*To: Aubrey- Sorry I haven't been home, Hun. I got called into work and it's been hectic.*

I was alone. I sat on my bed and thought about everything. Gabby, telling me to kill myself. The coke. Lukas's disappointed face. I couldn't handle it.

My arm bled onto the bathroom floor. 13 more scars. I watched as the blood pooled by my feet.

•••

I woke up to my alarm clock going off. I was on the bathroom floor. I sat up. There was a huge puddle of dried blood next to me. I cleaned it up and got in the shower. I got dressed and did my hair and headed off to school.

I walked through the doors. Everyone was staring at me. I walked past a group of people and found Lukas at one of the lunch tables, rubbing his temples.

"Why is everyone staring at me?" I asked him.

"I promise I didn't say anything." He said, pleading for me to stay calm with his eyes.

"What happened?!" I asked again.

"They know."