Chapter 10

Aubrey's POV

Gabby and I were shit-faced. We laughed at the boys playing video games and leaned up against each other for support. Lukas screamed at the game because he died and I fell down laughing at him. Gabby fell next to me and laid down, still laughing.

"Fuck this game!" Lukas yelled. He threw the controller and Dakota stood up with his hands in the air, swaying.

"I won!"

"Yay!" Gabby slurred.

"Who wants another drink?" Dakota asked.

Everyone raised their hands. Dakota went back behind the bar and made another round.

Gabby took a sip and her eyes brightened. "Let's play Truth or Dare!" She yelled.

We all yelled along with her and we sat in a circle.

"Okay! Dakota, truth or dare?" She asked.

"Uh... Truth." He said.

"Are you a virrgnn?" She slurred.

Dakota and Lukas looked at each other and started cracking up. He fell to the side, still cross-legged. After the laughter subsided he sat back up and looked into Gabby's eyes. "No." He started to laugh again. "Are you?" He asked.

"Is not your turn!" She slurred again. She was definitely the light weight of the group. She looked at me. "Your turn!"

I looked back at her. "Truth or da-are?" I hiccuped.

"Dare! I'm no pussy!"

I thought about it for a little while. "I dare you to kiss Dakota."

Everyone "ooooooh'd" like nine year olds. Gabby giggled and crawled over to Dakota. I slapped her butt as she crawled past me. "Ow-ow! Look at that ass!" Gabby's head flew down as she laughed. She puckered her lips and made Dakota meet her half way. Their lips pressed together in a gentle, but intimate kiss. They kissed again and again and it got more hungry as they progressed. "Woah, woah! I said 'kiss,' not 'kisses' or 'make out!' Don't get ahead of yourselves!"

Gabby and Dakota laughed again and Lukas turned to me. "Truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare." I smiled. He smiled too and tapped his puckered lips. I laughed and crawled over, pressing my soft lips against his. He licked my bottom lip, so I opened my mouth. Dakota and Gabby got on either side of us and stared intently.

"Well shit, do you need a room?" Dakota asked. I smiled and grabbed hold of Lukas's bottom lip with my teeth and pulled. A moan escaped his throat. I snapped my eyes open and let go, sitting back down with pink cheeks, trying to catch my breath.

"Damn!" Gabby joked, pushing my arm. My cheeks went even more pink. Dakota looked at each person and rested his eyes back on me. "Truth or dare?" He asked.

"I just went!" I complained.

"So? It's not against the rules to go two times in a row!"

I sighed. "Truth."

He thought about it for a long time. "Have you ever committed a crime?"

Lukas and Gabby stiffened up. They knew I would think back to Ally. Sure, it wasn't technically a crime, but it was still murder in my eyes. I felt the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I blinked them back and looked at Lukas. "I'm ready for bed."

"You didn't answer the question!" Dakota complained. "Clearly you have if your don't want to answer it. Spill!" I ignored him and found my way to Lukas's room I collapsed on his bed and started to cry. I heard Lukas stand up and bump into the wall. "Nice job, Dakota. The party is over." He knocked on the door. "Can I come in, Aubrey?" He asked. I sobbed in reply. He opened the door and sat on the corner of the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, rubbing my back. I sat up, my lower lip trembling. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. I cried into his shoulder. "Everything is gonna be okay."

•••

Gabby's POV

"What did I do? I just asked a question." Dakota tried to explain to me.

We stood up a staggered to the couch. I took another sip of my drink and explained the whole scenario to him. I told him what had happened. His mouth dropped open. "Oh my god. Now I feel like a complete asshole!" He exclaimed. "I need to apologize!" He started to stand up but I held him back, shaking my head. Don't make it worse. Lukas will handle it. I doubt she'll remember in the morning anyways."

He sunk back into the couch. I grabbed his hand to comfort him "She'll be okay." I assured him. He nodded and laid his head in my lap. We sat there for a couple minutes and soon I heard his gentle snoring. I laid my head down on the pillow and fell asleep myself.

•••

Aubrey's POV

I snapped my eyes open, jumped out of Lukas's bed, and ran to the bathroom. My knees slammed on the floor and I puked into the toilet. I gagged and then puked again. I gasped for air, trying to catch my breath. There was a knock at the door.

"Aubrey, are you okay?" Lukas asked.

I turned to the toilet and started to puke again. Lukas opened the door, knelt beside me and started to rub my back.

"Please get out," I pleaded.

"It's okay, you'll be okay." He soothed, pulling back my hair. I puked one last time and gasped for air again. He continued to rub my back to be sure I was going to be okay.

"I'm fine." I told him. I stood up. Lukas handed me a wash cloth, soaked with warm water. I took it and wiped my my mouth. I propped myself against the sink and breathed. My head was pounding. Dakota surely made some strong drinks.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush?" I asked. Lukas went to the cupboard and grabbed one of the many toothbrushes. He took it out of the plastic and handed it to me. I wet it down and put some tooth paste on it. Lukas left the room and got me some aspirin. I rinsed my mouth and went out to the kitchen to get some water. I swallowed the pills and looked to the couch. Gabby sat there with her head on the pillow still sleeping. Dakota was snoring with his head in her lap. I pointed at them and Lukas started to laugh. Gabby's eyes opened slowly and her hand shot to her head.

"Never. Again." She said with distinction. We laughed again and started to clean up.

"Do you have to be so-" she pressed a hand to her stomach. "Oh, God." She pushed Dakota's head away and ran to the bathroom. I followed her and held her hair back. I could hear Dakota and Lukas laughing, probably at the fact that gabby and I were so hungover. I grabbed another toothbrush from the cupboard and handed it to Gabby. She thanked me and started to brush the stench out of her mouth. I left the bathroom and started to help the boys clean up. Gabby came out, still holding her stomach. "I feel like shit." She pouted. I gave her two aspirin and my water. She swallowed them down quickly and burped. "Excuse me." She said embarrassed. We laughed and continued to clean. After we were done we looked at the bar. More than half of the booze was gone.

"Well shit, we drank a lot." I said.

Everyone nodded, stunned.

"Does anyone remember what happened last night?" Gabby asked. Lukas and I shook our heads. Dakota looked at us. "I remember some things. It's kinda fuzzy. I remember playing video games with Lukas and I remember playing Truth or Dare."

Lukas chuckled. "I can only imagine what happened during that game." He looked at me.

I smiled and looked to Dakota. "What happened?"

"I don't remember all of it. I remember you daring Gabby to kiss me."

Gabby's jaw dropped. "We what?" She asked exasperated.

"We kissed," he replied, "and if I remember correctly, you liked it." Dakota winked then continued. "Then Lukas dared Aubrey to kiss him and it turned into an awkward make out session. The rest of it is fuzzy.

We looked at each other, trying to remember what had happened for ourselves. I couldn't remember shit after Dakota and Lukas had started to play video games.

"We better get going." I said to Gabby. She nodded and grabbed her purse. I hugged Lukas tightly and kissed his soft lips. He was mine. I did remember that. And I was his.