Chapter 2

I put the key in the door and unlocked it. My hair still smelled like spaghetti. Gabby followed me through the door, shut it and sat down on the couch in silence. There has been a lot of that lately. Silence. I stood there with my arms crossed, not sure what to do with myself. I heard my mom walking toward us from the hallway. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw us there. "I didn't hear you come in. Your home early."

I shrugged.

"Bad day?" She asked.

I couldn't hold it in. I cried. Again. I'm so tired of crying but it just keeps overflowing over everything. My mom walk over to me and hugged me tight. I felt Gabby put her hand on my back and try to calm me down.

"Do you want to talk about it, Honey?" Heather asked.

"Sarah." That was all I said. That was all I needed to say.

"What did she do?" She said sternly.

I couldn't tell her. I couldn't stop crying. Gabby had to explain what had happened. My mother was furious. She grabbed her phone and called the school. I grabbed a towel out of the closet and told Gabby that I'd be out in a little bit. I turned the shower as hot as it would go and stripped down to nothing. I turned my iPod to play some music and plugged it into the speakers stepped into the steaming hot water and closed the curtain. I washed the remaining spaghetti out of my hair and washed my face. I was done within 5 minutes but I wasn't ready to get out yet. I satin the corner of the tub and soaked in the scalding heat from the water. Just then Ally's favorite song came out through the speakers. The heat was starting to make me dizzy. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. It just happened. I looked down at my arm. Blood. In my other hand I held the razor. The blood gushed down in a watery mix. The hit water made the sting burn. I stopped the shower. I got out laid down on the bathroom floor to stop the dizziness. The bleeding stopped after a couple minutes. Gabby knocked on the door. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I lied.

The dizziness had stopped. I slowly stood up and washed the blood off of my arm, then wrapped my towel around my body, opened the door, and went to my room to get dressed.

•••

I wrapped the towel on my head and grabbed some sweatpants out of my dresser. I threw on a tank top and a sweater to hide my newly cut wrist. Gabby would kill me if she knew what I did again. I brushed my hair and threw it up into a pony tail. Gabby was curled up on the couch watching tv. I curled up next to her under the blankets and we say in silence. Again.

"Aubrey, I don't want you going to school for the rest of the week." My mother told me.

I looked at her and saw the worry in her face. I nodded in agreement.

"Okay."

Gabby looked upset. She must feel lonely with Ally gone, then me, not going to school. I felt so bad for her. I squeezed her hand and gave her a half smile. She smiled back and told me that she had to start heading home. I hugged her and watched her walk down the road to her house. My mom sighed. I looked over to see her holding herself up on the counter with her head down. She looked really upset. It was another 5 minutes before she finally spoke. "We're moving."

My mouth dropped open. I can't go anywhere. I can't leave Gabby.

"No. We can't."

"Well what the hell am I supposed to do, Aubrey?" She started to cry. "It happened. There's no way to take it back! And the way people are treating you at school?! People dumping food in you, telling you it's all your fault?! Adam won't even look you in the eye! Your alone and it's tearing you up inside! What am I supposed to do?!" She was sitting in the chair across the room now, her face hidden in her hands. I started to cry to. I hated putting my mom through so much.

"We're moving. And that's final.

•••

Gabby's POV

I walked through the halls. My fists clenched so tight my nails were cutting through my skin. I was practically jogging down the hall towards the cafeteria. I stopped at the entrance, fists still clenched. I saw her. I started walking again. My fists clenched tighter. I inched closer. "Hey Sarah?"

She turned around. In a split second my fist connected with her jaw. She screamed and fell back. I was on top of her, punching, slapping, and scratching her face. People had started to crowd around us, chanting, "fight! Fight! Fight!" I had started to cry, my anger bubbling over. "How dare you?!" I screamed at her. "Who do you think you are?! Don't you think she's been through enough with this whole thing?! Do you think you doing what you did is going to make her feel any better about herself?! HUH?!" I gave her another punch in the eye before I was ripped off of her by our principle, Mr. Holden. I was furious. Breathing hard, but starting to calm down. I caught my breath and looked at my hands. They were red from punching and had a mix of my blood and Sarah's. My knuckles were swollen. He looked at me for a long time before he told me that I was to be suspended for a week. I didn't feel like talking to him. I got up to leave. "We're not done here, Gabby."

"I am."