Deep

Josie finished off her routine with a Rising Sun and sauntered over to the bed where Nathan sat, watching her.

She couldn't help the smile on her face as she climbed into his lap, slipping her arms across his shoulders and around his neck. "Maybe next time?" she wondered, her lips finding his.

"Maybe not next time, but someday," he suggested, his hands resting on her waist.

Josie giggled slightly. "Do you only want to watch? No participation?"

"Watching you do your thing... That's something, Josie. I could watch you all day and night and not get tired of it."

Josie soaked up the compliment and grinned, leaning back slightly so that they could see each other.

"I take it that you enjoyed it?"

"I thoroughly enjoyed watching you. Everything about your body is art, baby."

Josie could feel her cheeks becoming enflamed as she glanced down, a soft smile on her lips.

No man, no matter how they had professed to loving her, had described her as art.

"I've never seen anyone move that way. I feel like I'll be in the way if I participate. You move in a way that's sensual and erotic, but in a way that's so deep. Like you're connecting with your soul. If you have to instruct me, I can't watch you retreat into yourself and go to your safe place and let your guard down and feel whatever divinity is coming over you. That is beautiful."

Josie was at a loss for words at that. Just listening to the way he described her body and her yoga stirred something in her that she had never felt. It was as if this was the first time in her life as a woman that she hadn't been objectified as sex, but seen as a goddess.

That realization hit her like a meteor at light speed, knocking out the orbital path of her soul. Changing the way she viewed herself.

Without a single word, she hopped out of his lap as if he had caught fire, needing to separate herself and needing to cover herself. Needing to put herself back on some path to some destination. Where, she didn't know anymore.

Dressed in cargo pants and a long shirt, Josie made her way into the bathroom and locked the door, sitting on the toilet and taking deep breaths.

She had never felt overwhelmed by admiration. She soaked it up like a sponge. She adored to be admired. But there was something about the eloquence in which Nathan executed that statement. Something that told her that he was really watching, really admiring, observing every curve, every plane, every smile, every movement.

She wasn't sure how to handle this. She didn't know how to respond to the statements.

Josie spent a solid fifteen minutes in the bathroom before she exited and left the room as if nothing had happened. As if Nathan wasn't even there.

She made her way into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, going into her cabinet for a bottle of tequila and filling it halfway before she chased it with cranberry juice.

She sat at the table, sipping her drink, trying to calm her nerves.

Nathan stepped into the kitchen silently, watching Josie. He could tell he had freaked her out by the way she ran from him.

"Um, hey, Josie. I'm gonna go," he told her softly.

Josie simply nodded, having another sip. She didn't care why he was going, she was just relieved that he was.

Nathan let himself out, locking her bottom lock and closing the door.

Josie nursed the drink in her hand, going back to the room to call Valerie.