Party Girl

Josie stood in her mirror whining her waist as she finished getting dressed. She couldn't wait to see Nathan. There was something about that man.

Valerie sat on Josie's bed, watching her best friend as she got ready to enjoy a night out. Michael had said no to the party, but he was okay with Valerie helping her girl get ready. Which was fine with Josie. She would've loved her girl to be there with her, but she respected her marriage and understood why Valerie couldn't come along.

"Try not to get too crazy, Jo," Valerie joked, eyeing the peep toes Josie was sliding her feet into.

"I'll do my best, Val." Josie picked up her car keys and Valerie got up to follow her out to the garage.

"Call me if you need a ride."

"Okay, Val." Josie chuckled. She got this lecture from Valerie every weekend that she went out without her.

"Have fun." Valerie hopped into her car and left with a wave.

Josie made her way to the club and parked in the garage before making her way in. Scanning the club, she saw plenty of people dancing and drinking, and she made her way up to the VIP, being stopped by an arm around her waist. Turning to face her captor, a smile spread across Josie's lips as her eyes landed on Nathan.

"I was hoping you'd show up soon. Let me take you to my table," he suggested, sliding his hand across her torso to reach for her hand.

Nathan helped Josie into the booth seat, introducing her to his friends before turning his attention on her. "Do you want something to drink?" he wondered, still holding her hand in his.

"A Malibu Sunset," she told him.

"I'll get that for you then."

Nathan disappeared and Josie bobbed to the music playing as she waited for him to come back. The moment she saw him return, she perked up, reaching for her drink. "Thank you. I trust that this drink has not been tampered with."

"I would never do that," he promised, sitting beside her and sipping his Rémy.

Thim Slick by Fabolous came on and Josie took a sip of her drink, snapping along to the song. Nathan looked over Josie's body in the hip hugging jeans and midriff top, demonstrating just what the song was talking about. He was convinced that she was aware of this fact when she smiled over at him, still sipping from her straw.

"Do you see something you like, Nathan?"

"I do," he agreed. "I haven't had the pleasure of seeing such a beautiful woman in a long time."

Josie blushed, casting her eyes down as she smiled and had another sip of her drink.

"Don't get shy like you don't have people telling you how good you look every day, Josie."

"It doesn't happen as often as you would think."

"You should have someone telling you how beautiful you are every day," he told her, sliding a little bit closer in the booth. "You should allow me to be that one."

Josie stared at Nathan, at a loss for words. She wanted to say something, but she couldn't think of a response to that and instead had a sip of her drink.

"Do you think I can have a dance?" he asked, seeing that he had made her speechless.

Josie smiled and had another sip of her drink before she set it down and offered her hand to Nathan.

Bubblegum by Jason Derulo came on as they got to the floor and Nathan took hold of Josie's hips as she began to pop and grind to the beat. He watched the way her body moved, attempting to keep up with the beauty, but finding himself inept as he admired her.