[44] Through Fragments Of Time.

Start from the beginning

Ten minutes later, Ashley found herself outside the school library with her binder, a physics textbook and a spiral notebook in her hand. Quickly, she pushed open the door and nearly stumbled to the floor as soon as she stepped in. Glancing at her feet, she cursed on noticing that her shoe laces were untied . . . again. She trudged her way over to the table closest to the entrance and slammed her books down, earning a glare from the librarian in the process.

"This is a library, child. This place is supposed to be the abode of silence," the librarian said as she prepared herself to launch into a full blown explanation of why keeping silent in the library was important.

Ashley threw her an irritated glare; she wasn't in the best of moods that day either.

"You should—"

"I'm sorry!" the brunette exclaimed. "It won't happen again."

"Do you kids these days even know the meaning of sorry? If you do, then do you mean it when you say it? How d—"

"I'm here to study. Gotta go," Ashley muttered as she grabbed her things and hurriedly made her way towards the back of the library.

As she made her way to the back of the library and began looking for a suitable place where she could sit and study, and avoid the librarian too, Ashley stopped in her tracks. The one person she'd just spotted poring over his books was the last person she had expected to see in a library, that too studying.

"Heath?"

The blond jumped, with a startled expression on his face before hurriedly moving a textbook from the table and onto his lap, with a sweeping motion of his hand. "H- hey Ash," he said nervously. "Sup?"

Ashley narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing," Heath replied a little too quickly. "Why would you think I'm hiding something?"

The brunette slowly made her way over to Heath's chair. Towering over him, she put her hands on her waist. "Heath?"

"Ashley," Heath replied cheerfully as he scooted closer to the table. "Fine, I'm studying economics," he muttered as he gave in to Ashley's glare.

Ashley raised her eyebrows. "Studying . . . comics, right?"

"Economics," he repeated.

Ashley let out a low whistle as she slid into the chair next to Heath. "Since when did you start studying?"

"Ever since I decided that I'd do anything to win over this really bookish girl," the blond admitted.

"Emma?" Ashley asked, as a smile made itself onto her face.

Heath nodded. "There's a problem though."

"What is it?"

He exhaled loudly. "I need to impress her and I'm sure that involves getting good grades. And for me, getting good grade is as tough as . . ." he trailed off dismally.

"It's alright, loverboy," Ashley chuckled as she ruffled his hair. "I'll help you out as much as I can. That's gotta count for something, right?"

"You will? Really?" Heath's whole face brightened up as he looked at Ashley.

She nodded.

"Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!" the blond repeatedly exclaimed as he pulled her into a hug. "You're the best, Ash!"

"Okay, let's get to economics now . . ."

Half an hour later, Heath slammed his textbook shut, grinning from ear to ear. "I freaking love you."