Chapter 18

~August 16, 1992~

It's been a full year, Kurt and I still talk because we're sharing Kimberly. When I gave Kimberly to Kurt last time, Courtney looked huge and it's scaring me. Recently, Kurt and I got mad at each other over the phone. He wanted Kimberly for a few extra days, but I wanted to take her rollerskating and they were my days that I spend with her. I didn't end up teaching her how to skate, because she wanted to see a movie.

Anyways, Kurt's mad at me. You know how he is. Once he gets mad, it takes him a life-time to get over. So I'm going to pick her up today at Kurt's house.

I put on some dark blue denim skinny, high waisted jeans. I add a v-neck, long sleeve, cropped black sweater. I put on some black heels. I do my make up and do my hair. I use little small bobbies to hold two pieces of my hair back. I tried making myself look good, because I want Kurt to want me so much that he goes crazy. Dave and I have kept a friendly relationship, but we slip up a few times, not recently though. Anyways I'm about to pick up Kim.

At Kurt's House

I stand up straighter, practice moving my hips as I walk. I knock on the door.

"I got it" I hear Kimberly say.

She opens the door and looks up.

"Mommy!" She screams.

"Hi mommas" I say to her as she attacks me with a hug.

"Did you have fun?" I asked.

"Well I got in trouble yesterday."

"What happened?" I asked her while bending down at her level.

"I got spanked." she said.

"Well what did you do?"

"I told Courtney that she was never my mommy and that she's a big fat meanie for being mean to you."

I laugh in my head.

"Well you can't say that to her face sweetie." I say and then whisper in her ear super quietly, "I think so too" and she laughs. I was upset that she got spanked.

"Who spanked you?" I asked.

"Daddy" she says.

"Come inside mommy. I'll show you my room"

"Oh hey Aubrey" Kurt says.

I walk inside their huge house as I take one of my cigarettes out.

"One second let me light this, baby." I say to Kimberly.

"Do you have a lighter?" I asked Kurt.

"We use the stove" he said.

I walk over to their kitchen and light the stove. I then put my cigarette to the fire and turn it off.

As I smoke it, I look around at their house.

"Do you think we could have her for two days?" Kurt asked me as I walked over to Kimberly sitting on his lap.

I gave him an I'm fed up and irritated look with my cigarette in my hand.

"No Kurt. It's my turn." I say to him.

"Oh and I actually didn't want Kimberly ever to be spanked. You can teach her how to cuss, how to flip people off, how to play guitar, but don't ever spank her. She doesn't need that." I say to Kurt.

"She's my daughter too."

"Yeah well I gave birth to her and was with her when you weren't." I say.

"Can I show you my room?" Kim asks.

"Sure" I say.

As I walk upstairs, Kurt behind me. I see Courtney and her tummy looks huge like she's about to give birth.

"This is my room, you like it?" She asked.

"Oh wow. It looks just like how my room used to be when I was a kid. Same bedsheets, same wall color." I say.

"I tried making it look like yours as close as I could remember it." Kurt says to me.

I give Kurt a heart warming smile and shed a tear.

"Kurt this is amazing. This shows that you really do care." I say to him and hug him while crying a little bit.

During our hug Kurt kisses my head and whispers, "I love you."

I look in his eyes and kiss his lips quickly so Courtney wouldn't see. Since Kurt knows sign language, I signed, I love you too.

Kurt smiled.

"What's going on in here?" Courtney asked while opening the door.

"Hi Courtney. You look big." I said.

"Oh yeah I'm expected to be in two days."

"Good luck" I say.

"Does it hurt when you give birth as a teenager?" She asked meanly.

"Yes but, your already on drugs so you probably won't feel a thing." I Said coldly.

"Let's go honey" I say.

"I want to stay with daddy and only you forever." she says.

"I know, but Dave's waiting for us at his house." I say to her.

"Why are you going to Dave's house?" Kurt asked with jealousy.

"Because we're going rollerskating and we're both gonna teach her how to roller skate." I say.

"Whatever" Kurt said.

"Yay. I'm gonna see Dave." Kimberly says.

"Bye daddy we gotta go." Kim says to Kurt.

"I love you Kimberly Cobain" Kurt says.

"Daddy when you and Courtney have a baby will I still be your favorite?" Kim asked and started to cry and little bit. Kurt ducked down to her and hugged her.

"You'll always be my favorite baby girl. I love you. Your my number one." Kurt says to her and I smile. Kurt wipes Kim's tears and kisses her cheek.

"Go have fun" Kurt says.