the ellen show

Demi

Today's the day of my interview on The Ellen Show to promote my new book and I can't wait. I absolutely adore Ellen, she's hilarious and always manages to make me laugh. Wilmer decided to come along with me for some moral support and also to see me work. He says that he loves to see me in my element.

Arriving at the television studio, my team and I, along with Wilmer, head over to my dressing room so Jill can get started on my hair and make up.

"Hey are you here with Demi?" a runner for the show asks Wilmer, catching him off guard as I take a seat in the make up chair.

"Uh, yeah I came with her team" he replies nervously. We've always avoided questions surrounding our appearances together, and this is no exception.

"Oh, okay well I hope you enjoy the show" the runner says before scurrying away into another dressing room. I glance over at Wilmer, who shrugs slightly before walking over to sit in the spare chair beside me while my team help get me prepped and ready for my interview.

"Good luck sweetheart, you'll be great" Wilmer smiles before giving me a gentle kiss on the lips as I stand up from my make up chair.

"Thanks baby, I'll see you soon" I reply before being ushered towards the set.

"My next guest is a judge on The X Factor, has just released a new single called Neon Lights and is here today to tell us about her new book "Staying Strong". Please welcome Demi Lovato!"

Neon lights began to play as I make my way to Ellen, both of us sharing a dance before sitting down to start the interview.

"Welcome Demi it's great to have you back" Ellen says, smiling at me.

"Thank you, it's good to be back. I love you guys" I reply, smiling towards the audience, spotting Wilmer up the back.

"We love you too! So tell us a little bit about your book" Ellen asks as she shows the audience the front cover.

"The book is basically about, well for me it's about spreading positivity and good energy into the world. A lot of people come up to me and say 'how do you do it? How do you stay strong?', so I wrote this book containing 365 quotes with a paragraph about each quote and then a goal for the day. Everything in this book is what I do to stay strong and has really helped me in my recovery, and I really hope it can inspire others to stay strong too" I reply, receiving a round of applause from the audience, causing me to giggle as I subtly stick my tongue out with a smile.

"That's just amazing, you're such an inspiration to so many young girls. I mean, we've talked about your struggles a few times on this show but you really are helping so many people and I commend you for that" Ellen states, glancing between myself and the audience.

"Well thank you so much, I hope I can continue to do that" I reply, smiling at the audience, occasionally waving at some fans in the front row.

"Now a little birdie told me today that your friend Wilmer is here with you today. Um, so what's going on with you guys? Are you back together?" Ellen asks with a little humor. Here we go.

"You know, I like to keep my personal life private" I reply hesitantly, glancing up at Wilmer.

"I mean there have been pictures of you guys holding hands, and oh Wilmer's sitting up there" Ellen announces, pointing up towards Wilmer, causing the audience to scream and clap. "Wilmer come down here" she adds with a laugh as a hesitant and awkward Wilmer makes his way down to the stage.

"Hi Ellen" Wilmer chuckles as he takes a seat beside me. I resist the urge to hold his hand even though it's all I want right now.

"So, um, yeah you guys are back together?" Ellen asks, beaming from ear to ear.

"Um" I say, looking up at Wilmer who gives me a look saying 'we've made it obvious now'. "Yes, we are back together and I couldn't be more thankful to have him in my life. That's all I'll say" I reply before intertwining my fingers with his, finally. An eruption in the studio takes place, with fans screaming "we love you" as they cry with excitement. I can't help but laugh a little at how adorable they are.

"I'm extremely happy for you guys, you're a beautiful couple and- -" Ellen clears her throat a little before finishing her sentence "- - you would make beautiful babies".

I throw my head back with laughter at Ellen's comment, feeling my cheeks blush with embarrassment. I glance up at Wilmer, who's laughing at my demeanor, squeezing my hand slightly.

"Oh my God" I giggle, shaking my head from side to side while Ellen continues to laugh at us.

"Thanks Ellen" Wilmer laughs before pulling me into his chest, kissing my forehead.

"Oh really it's my pleasure. I better be godmother though" she replies and the audience laughs at her words.

"Anything for you Ellen" I chuckle, burying my head into Wilmer's chest.