I knew where David would be. Whenever he gets extremely mad or sad, he goes to the library. I think he has an unhealthy obsession with Shakespeare. Just like I expected, my brother had his face inside of Shakespeare's Greatest. I swear he read that thing over a hundred times in the past two months. "Dave" I called out.

He glanced up at me before closing the book. After I grabbed the 4,000 page book and placed it on the shelf, I pulled David to the chairs. "They're gonna bring her back" I told him confidently. Dad brought over 200 warriors, and I'm pretty sure that Alpha Laney is going to send his own warriors. There's no way that those monsters can get away.

"What if they don't? What if they didn't have enough people? What if the witches use their powers on them? What if they threaten Audrey? What if they... kill her?" he ranted.

Frowning, I took a deep breath. What if they already killed her? We don't know what they've been doing to her. They could've been torturing her this whole time. I shook the thought out of my head and faced my brother. "And what if none of that happens?" I questioned. "Dave, this can go either way. We don't know what's gonna happen. But we can't expect the worst"

Dave clenched his fists. "So what? You want me to be positive? You want me to believe that everyone is gonna come back along with our sister? Because I can't do that! I don't want to get my hopes up, just to be disappointed"

I sighed and softly unclenched his fists. "Just have faith, David" I pleaded. Reluctantly, he nodded his head. "Come on. We should keep Mom company" I stated.

We walked back out the castle where our mom was waiting at the front gates. We sat down with Mom in the middle and waited.

****************************************************

Two hours later, I spotted Dad and Uncle Matthew's wolves running towards us. I gently shook Mom awake as Dave stood up. He picked something off of Dad's back. I got closer and noticed that it was a girl.

I knew it was Audrey. She had the same pale skin as our father. But instead of Mom's blonde hair, she got dad's dark colored hair. I could imagine her blue eyes that our whole family shared. My gaze fell on her stomach, where there was a huge bite. "Oh god" I gasped. I looked away from her. I don't do good with blood.

Dr. Stinson rushed over and pressed down on her wound. Aunt El and Mom helped David carry Audrey as the doctor tended to her. Dad and Uncle Matthew shifted before pulling on shorts. "Ash. I didn't know" Matthew whispered brokenly. Curious- and honestly, very nosy, I listened into their conversation.

"I know. She was gonna attack me. You were just doing your job" Dad patted him on the back before rushing towards Audrey. She was gonna attack him?

After running a hand through his blonde hair, Uncle Matthew came up to me. I gave him a small smile. "Why didn't you go?" he asked.

"The blood" I mumbled. A look of understanding crossed his face. "Is it over?" I questioned.

He nodded. "They're all dead" he confirmed. I sighed in relief. "Let's go inside. Stinson probably kicked them out by now" he stated.

I followed him inside the castle and to the hospital wing. Mom was pacing in front of the hospital room. David was sitting on the floor with blood covering his clothes. Dad was leaning against the wall with his poker-face. Slowly, I made my way to my family. "David, go wash up. The operation will probably take a while, so you have time"

David nodded before jogging down the hallway. Next person. I walked to Dad and gently put my hand on his arm. "You don't have to act emotionless. It's your daughter in there, its okay to be sad and worried" I assured him.

He pulled me into a hug and I heard him sniffle. I patted and rubbed his back until he pulled away. "See, emotions aren't that bad" I joked. Dad rolled his eyes before wiping his face. Now, for my mom. "Go comfort your mate" I ordered my father. He quickly nodded and wrapped his arms around Mom, who instantly relaxed.

Well, that was easy. 'You're gonna make a great therapist' my wolf, Trixie stated. I smiled. I've always wanted to be a therapist. I know that I'm not gonna get the throne, since I was the last one born, but I still wanted to help the werewolf population by, obviously, being a therapist. 'I think you might need to talk to Matthew, too' Trixie informed me.

I turned around and saw my uncle repeatedly running his hand through his hair. He looked stressed out. His blue eyes were bloodshot. His blonde hair was sticking up everywhere. I don't even know where Aunt El is, so she can't calm him down. "Uncle Matthew" I said softly. "This isn't your fault" I assured him.

"I bit her. She could die because of me" he whispered as tears escaped his eyes. I hate seeing people cry.

Pushing back my own tears, I hugged his waist. "You were protecting my dad. You didn't even know it was Audrey. Stop beating yourself up" I stated. Uncle Matthew nodded as David jogged back with new clothes and dripping wet hair.

We all sat outside the door and once again, waited.

____________________________________________

Aw.... Poor Matthew :(

Just to clear some stuff up: Matthew was the blonde man; Asher was the one who spoke at the end of the first chapter; I like cake; Audrey was born first, then David, and Gardenia is the youngest; Dave and David are the same person (Dave is just a nickname)

Rejecting A Princess is now #69 in Werewolf! Holy toaster strudels!

I love you guys!!!

~A.J.