20. United

"Hold on, hold on. You got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here. You got to hold on." - Hold On, Tom Waits

Alex's *POV*

"Where are we going now?" I asked, as Rick and Daryl led the way into the woods, towards the hidden duffle bag of weapons.

"We go back-" Rick started to speak.

"To terminus?" I asked, cutting him off. "Why the hell would we do that?"

"We go back and we kill them. All of them. We don't let them get to live."

"Rick, we just got out. Why risk it?" I turned my head towards Sasha.

"She's right, Rick. We need someplace safe to be." Maggie said. I sighed and turned to look back at Rick.

"Walkers are over running the place, I'm sure they'll run or get attacked by them." I said. It stood quiet as Rick looked at everyone, who has been agreeing with me. "You saw who they were, Rick. They wouldn't make it out alive. They were a bunch of pussies who only aimed for our feet."

"They're right." Daryl spoke quietly.

"Alright then." Rick said, handing out weapons to everyone. He handed me a black hand gun, along with a small silver knife, then went to give everyone else their weapon. "We'll keep on moving."

We walked for what felt like forever, away from terminus. Although I felt exhausted from walking for so long,

Daryl and I walked alone and in silence together behind everyone else. Some of them were quiet, some were talking to each other. It was a nice sight to look at after everything they had lost. We had lost.

"How are you?"

"Should be asking you that." He mumbled.

"You should be happy-"

"Why? For losing the prison? Almost getting killed at terminus?" Daryl snapped.

"Daryl. That's not what I mean. You should be thankful that we're all together." I sighed. "Look- I'm just trying to make the best of things. Don't snap at me for trying." I tried walking away and leaving his side, until he grabbed my hand and making me stop.

He stood by my side, looked at me and stared.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"It's okay. Honestly. We all feel what you feel. But right now, we just got figure out where we're going."

"How are you feeling?"

"I think I'll be okay..."

"But?"

"It's weird."

"What's weird?" Daryl asked me, still holding on my hand, softly, but still there and secure. I looked down at our hands barely linked together and started to talk.

"Vanessa and Ryan. Them being alive. I thought they were dead.."

"They're old friends... Shouldn't you be relieved? Why'd you punch him?" Daryl asked.

"I uh-" I stuttered. I didn't want to lie more to Daryl, but I didn't want to tell the truth about Ryan. Not yet at least. "There's a past. There's always a past. I-I just don't want to talk about it. At least not now."

"Alright." Daryl said, letting go of my hand, making my hand feel lonely, as he walked ahead of me by a couple of feet. I looked back and saw Rick standing near a piece of wood on a wooden poll.

"Rick?" I said, walking towards him. "What's up?" I said. I saw Rick leaning down and picking up some dirt and crossing out the terminus sign, leaving up Sanctuary and putting No on top. It had now said No Sanctuary, to warn people that there isn't one anymore.

We stopped in the woods, taking a rest while the others were figuring out what our next move would be, where we could go and how to be safe, even if safe was never a real thing anymore in this broken world now. Daryl leaned up against a tree, while I stood to the side of him throwing my hair info a pony tail.

A branch breaking had suddenly broke the silence, all of us turned our heads. Alarmed and ready for any walkers, most of us stood up and got our weapons out.

"Carol?" I smiled, putting my gun down, as Daryl ran up to her and hug her tightly. I noticed she held his crossbow and some other things in her hands, until she dropped them to hold Daryl. I smiled at the sight in front of me, seeing that Daryl was, I'm guessing, happy. He turned to me and nodded, then held my hand tightly. I observed his face and seen that he looked like he was going to cry, or that he already did and I missed it...

Rick hugged Carol tightly, as we all came forward to say hello. "You did this?" Rick asked. She smiled and nodded her head as they hugged again.

"There's something you should see." Carol said to him, after hugging Rick. We followed Carol through the woods some more, until she stopped in front of us. I saw Rick and Carl run pass Carol, running towards some white little house place, with Tyreese holding Judith. Rick and Carl had ran and held Judith in their arms and hugged onto each other.

Sasha ran past me and ran into her brothers arms.

"Hey." I turned my head and saw Carol standing next to me.

"Carol." I smiled. "I'm happy you're here."

"I'm happy to be here with all of you again." She smiled. "I missed you all."

"We missed you too. Thank you, you know. You saved our lives." She just smiled at me and then we both turned our heads back towards the reuniting families. We were all here. Together and alive... I smiled at them reuniting each other, also wishing that's how I was with Ryan and Vanessa...