7. Hopefully

Alex's *POV*

Flashback

"Alex! Is it almost ready?" My niece yelled from the living room. I was currently cooking thanksgiving dinner for my family for the first time, in my new apartment. It was big enough for my family and my boyfriend's family to all come together. "Yes! Be patient, Nikkie!" I yelled back. As I was smashing the potatoes and sweet potatoes, two hands wrapped around me and held me tight.

"Smells great." I turned around and saw my boyfriend Ryan smiling down at me.

"Thank you. It would help if you start setting up the table like I told you to do earlier," I laughed, as he gave me a look. "What?" I asked.

"You're just so god damn beautiful." He answered.

"Oh yeah sure- me sweating with my hair up and not dressed up like everyone else, is beautiful?" I laughed, while putting the two bowls of potatoes on the dinning room table right next to the kitchen. "You are, Alex." He laughed. "What else do you need help with?"

"Just get everyone settled, while I uh-" I looked down at my clothes and back up at him, "get dressed and look better." He sighed while walking over to me, cupping my cheeks and giving me a big long kiss on my forehead.

"I love you." He said.

"And I love you." I smiled, then walking away.

"Thank you guys for uh coming, both families. This is our first official family dinner all together..." Ryan rambled on about how thankful he was for all of us getting together nicely and not crazy like the families in movies who don't like each other. "Lastly, I just want to thank Alexandra for slaving in the kitchen to make this thanksgiving dinner, and for being mine." He laughed.

"Thank you." I said shyly. "I'm not the type who uh, makes speeches or do anything of this really, but I guess this is," my 'speech' went on for another minute, then everyone did their fair share of giving thanks.

After a long night of thanksgiving dinner, dessert, talking and more eating, I was completely tired. I didn't clean up anything. I didn't even remember till I was laying down in my bed resting. I sat up and began my way to the kitchen. I stood in the doorway of the kitchen as I saw Ryan leaning over the sink cleaning dishes, pots and pans.

"I could feel you staring at me." His voice made me jump a little.

"You always do that." I laughed and he responded with a laugh as well. I walked up behind him and then stood next to him with my back against the counter, looking at him. "Need help?" I asked.

"I'm almost done." He answered. "Go rest, I'll be there soon." He smiled. I didn't go rest. I stood there waiting for him to be done so that we could go to bed together. A couple of minutes later he finished cleaning. He walked towards the fridge and took a gulp of water then closed it. "What?" He asked, looking at my eyes from across the kitchen

"Nothing," I smiled. "You're just so god damn beautiful." I mocked him, from what he said earlier to me.

"Haha, funny." He laughed. He began walking towards me, very seriously. He now had me trapped between him and the kitchen counter. His hands were resting on the counter with me between, and staring at my eyes. I placed my hands on his waist, and smiled up at him. "I love you." I said, right before his lips crashed onto mine.

He placed his hands on my waist, then down on my thighs, lifting me up onto the counter. "I love you." He said. "I love you so much."

"What has gotten into you lately?" I laughed.

"Let's get married." He blurted out.

"What?" I opened my mouth and my eyes opened wide.

"Let's get married. Next week."

"Are you serious?" I laughed.

"Yes I am! Let's do it- we've been together for so long, we should do it."

"Not next week!"

"Fine, two weeks! A month?! I just want to be married to you." He laughed, then kissed me. "Okay." I answered.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

I opened up my eyes, tears slowly falling down. I remember that day.. and after that conversation, we've got into numerous stupid arguments. It led me to pack my stuff up and live with my family for awhile. We never got married, or back together. But eventually, I moved back into the apartment after Christmas, after we decided to fix things, but it was never the same. After I found my parents and sister turned into the dead, that's when I knew I had to put them down and out of misery. That's when I knew everyone I ever knew was dead and that I would never find Ryan ever again. 

I groaned when I realized I had no more water left in the bottle. Leaving my cell to go to the tables where the water was, I bumped into Daryl... again.

"Oh hey, sorry." I said, rubbing my left eye.

"You alright?" He asked, while walking beside me as I made my way to the steel steps and sitting down.

"I guess." I answered. I looked up at him and saw him standing in front of me. "You don't need to stay here."

"I know." He mumbled, while slowly sitting next to me. It was silent for awhile, surprisingly not awkward but comfortable. "I was gonna tell you tomorrow, but since you're here now-"

"Tell me what?" I interrupted.

"If you'd let me talk, you'd know."

"Right. Sorry." I smiled to myself.

"Anyways," he sighed. "Guess I'm just tryin' to say. sorry about being harsh on you. It's hard in this world to trust someone who's alone."

"I guess I understand. It would look shady." I said.

"You sure you're alright?"

"I'll be fine. Thanks for uh, asking."

"Mhm." He mumbled. I looked at him while he looked straight ahead into the darkness of the cell block. I studied his stubbled face and long hair around his eyes. "Stop staring." He said. I opened my eyes wide than before and turned my head to the right, out of Daryl's sight, closing my eyes, remembering that my boyfriend used to say that all the time to me whenever I stared at him.

"You alright?" He asked again. I tried not to cry as I sat up and started to walk away to head to my cell and try to sleep to get rid of these memories that were too much to handle.

"No, but I'll be fine. Hopefully." Hopefully. "Are we good?" I asked, before making my way to my cell.

"Yeah, I guess so."

I looked at him and smiled, before disappearing into my cell, in the dark.

-
Hope you liked the flashback part! I may or may not do new flashbacks, only if it seems fitting for the chapters in the future.
Don't forget to follow me if you haven't already, vote and please please comment! I love hearing feedback about the stuff I write.

Ryan in the flashback is played by the after Jack O'Connell! He was in Skins, generation 2!!