16. Still Here

"Walking a road other men have gone down. I'm seeing a new world of people and things."
Song to Woody, Bob Dylan

Alex's *POV*

The wind was picking up day by day, making us cold as we walked throughout the woods. Luckily, I had found myself a jacket in some broken down car along the side of the road. If I wouldn't have found it, I would've been complaining to the point where I would've have been able to keep walking, due to the weather. We've been walking for far too long, We stopped along the woods and got some rest, before making our way back to the main road and walking.

"How hungry are you from scale of one to ten?" Rick asked Carl.

"Fifteen." Carl chuckled.

"Twenty eight." Michonne said looking at Rick.

"Fifty." I said. I looked up and saw them staring at me. " I'm pretty sure we all top the scale."

"Yeah well, it's been a while." Rick sighed. "I'm gonna go check the snares.

"Can I go with you?" Carl asked.

"Sure." Rick said. "How else are ya gonna learn? Hey, you two as well." Rick smiled. Michonne and I put out the fire and began following Rick and Carl to the snare.

"We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest." Rick said, while walking.

"Finish healing up?" Michonne asked.

"I'm almost there." Rick said.

"Well, anyways you look better than before." I spoke.

"We're close now, right?" Carl asked.

"To terminus? We are." Rick said, turning his head to all three of us.

"When we get there, are we gonna tell them?" Carl asked.

"Tell them what?" I asked.

"Everything that's happened to us. All the stuff we've done." Carl explained. "Are we gonna tell them the truth or?"

"We're gonna tell them who we are." Rick said.

"But how do you say that? I mean- who are we?" We stopped walking after we heard a walker heading our way. Everyone took out their weapons and so did I.

"I got this one." I said, walking from behind them with my knife.

"You sure?" Rick asked. I walked up to the walker and stabbed it in the head, causing it to fall down with my knife in its head. I kneeled down and roughly took the knife out of his head, and turned around.

"I'm positive." I smiled, as Rick let out a slight laugh.

"Now, you see how the ground here is sorta like a funnel shape?" Rick explained, as we walked to the snare.

"It's a trail?" Carl asked.

"That's right." Rick said. "That's where you want to set the noose. So you hide it with leaves then you out sticks all around it, so any animal going by has to run this way, right into the trap." Rick showed us.