18. No Sanctuary

Alex's *POV*

"Alex?"

"You." I said. The guy came walking closer, pushing Glenn and Maggie out of the way. "You." I repeated, as I furrowed my eyebrows. Ryan. It was Ryan. Alive and standing right in front of me. Feeling relieved was not what I was feeling throughout my body. Running into his arms was not what I was going to do.

Instead, I walked up to him, 

I punched him right in the face, causing him to fall back a bit, knocking him off balance. "

Ryan!" I heard a woman's voice yell.

"Vanessa?" I said, noticing that it was my best friend from along time ago. She stood out behind him and approached me.

"Alex." She smiled, with a relief look on her face. She ran up to me and we hugged each other tightly. "I can't believe it." She sighed, letting go and walking over to Ryan and holding him by his arm. "You okay, Ry?"

"Ry?" My face scrunches up in confusion, as I watch them in front of me. I didn't care about everyone else watching, as they had surrounded us and Glenn taking my hand that I had punched Ryan with.

She gave me a look that I couldn't quite comprehend, until Ryan had wrapped his arm around her in a lovey-dovey way.

"You've got to be kidding me.." I whispered, running up to them until Daryl had held me back, along with Glenn, clutching my arm.

"You must know these two." Glenn said, releasing me from his grip, as well as Daryl. Glenn had an awkward smile appear on his face.

"Yeah." I laughed in disbelief. "He was my- my best friend." I lied. "And her? My best friend. Who are probably doing it together now."

"Actually..." Vanessa started. "When he left, he uh-"
As soon as she started, I knew what she was going to stay. I had that gut feeling that I knew exactly what happened between them two, and when.

"Are you serious?!" Daryl had grabbed me again, knowing that I wanted to punch her and Ryan as well. "After he left me?! Let me go, Daryl!" I struggled in his arms. He led me to the back of the box car to calm me down, while the others tried to figure out what had just happened. Daryl had dragged me to the other side of the box car, and put me in the corner. "God dammit, Daryl! I'm not a child!" I said.

"Be quite, girl." Daryl spoke. "Just be quiet and calm down. We can't do this here."

"I can't take it in here. I can't." I said, while pacing around the end of the box car, away from Ryan and Vanessa. "I can't breathe. I can't function!" It's been a couple a days I think, or less. Maybe more, for being in the stupid box car. It was probably just only a day, and I had started to go crazy.

"Forget how to control your claustrophobia?" Ryan spoke.

"Oh just shut up. " I raised my voice.

"Lex, calm down. We're gonna get out of here." Glenn said trying to relax me.

"Oh how are you so sure? Huh?" My voice filled with anger. "Sorry, I just can't-"

"Function? I know." Glenn gave me a sympathetic smile. "Trust me. We are. We will." He said, standing up and walking back to Maggie.

"I know there's something other than this claustrophobia going on with you. You know those people?" Daryl implied.

"Just the two." I said. "Surprised they even made it in this world. Just old friends, I guess."

"Does anyone know what happened to Beth? Anyone seen her?" Maggie said.

"Me and her made it out the prison. But we got split up." Daryl spoke. I sat up and walked over to Maggie, checking to see if they were okay.

For as long as we've been in this stupid box car, we began making up scenarios and plans on getting out before getting killed. Some clothing materials made for good weapons, anything worth taking apart from the box car seemed like a good idea too. But if we were going to get out eventually, our strength was something that was needed.

"They're coming!" Sasha yelled out.

"Ok, get ready to attack. We're getting out." Rick said. "If you don't know what to do, go for the eyes."

The doors were getting ready to open, as we all stood side by side ready to attack and leave this awful place. The doors swung open and I jolted back, hitting Daryl with my back side into his shoulder. Two men in black armor stood there and threw two unknown objects into the box car.

I noticed the object near my foot and furrowed my eyebrows. "What the-"

"Everyone down!" Abraham yelled.

White smoke quickly filled the boxcar as everyone was freaking out, knowing what to do.

I grabbed on to Daryl's arm once I felt him being tugged away from me. I saw that a man in black police suits and head shields, had been pulling Daryl away from me and out of the box car. The smoke was too much, making me not see and starting to make me feel all fuzzy and confused.

Next thing I know, I became weak, causing me to collapse on the ground coughing like crazy, as well as everyone else. The box car door slammed close, leaving us there, and taking whoever.

-
new cast characters! ❤️
(skins baby!!) Jack O'Connell as Ryan
Paula Patton as Vanessa

Vote, Comment & follow me!