Pop and the Furry Baby

A/N: hey guys! Here's another update :) I'll probably start doing my regular updates again. I've been writing and editing some of my fics for the past few days.

All errors are mine. Enjoy!

**

"Pop!" Hope squealed happily the moment she saw John standing on the front yard waiting for them.

Derek managed to put her down before she could jump from his arms. She ran into John's waiting arms and snuggled into the crook of his neck, "Pop, miss you." She giggled when he stood up and kissed her cheek.

"I missed you too, sweetheart. So, do you have any stories for me today?" He asked as they made their way into the house, leaving Stiles and Derek to follow.

**

John always made time for Hope. Sundays were his favorite days because he'd get to spend time with his family.

Stiles began preparing for lunch and Derek went on to start the grill.

"The marinated barbecue in the fridge." John said to Derek, while he sat on the couch with Hope happily babbling on about her morning.

She still had trouble saying a lot of words but given that she had Stiles as her Daddy, she manages to say it out perfectly.

"Pop, Sara gave me bear candy, see?" Hope said as she fished out a small plastic bag full of gummy bears from her pocket.

"Well, did you say thank you, sweetie?" He asked as he watched his granddaughter stare at the bag if gummy bears in awe.

"Yes. Say, thank you, Sara!" She said proudly.

"That's very good, sweetie. Now, let's go see if Papa and Daddy need help in the kitchen, yeah?"

**

Stiles was chopping up some veggies when John and Hope re-entered the kitchen.

He turned around and saw the bag of gummy bears from Sara.

"I see that she already fished out the gummy bears." Stiles said as he smiled at his Dad and daughter.

"Yep, she said 'thank you' as well. What're we having for lunch?" His Dad asked as Hope played with John's keys.

"Hmm... Beef barbecue, steamed veggies, apple pie and ice cream.. yep, I'd let you cheat today, Dad!" Stiles said triumphantly and John thanked his wife in heaven for allowing him to have a feast.

"Scott said he's on his way." Derek shouted from the backyard.

"Okay! Ask him if Melissa is with him!" Stiles shouted back.

**

A couple of hours later, Derek carried all the food outside while Stiles sets up the table. John had Hope on her high chair beside him.

Melissa and Scott came just when Derek was about to pull out the barbecue from the grill.

"Hey, princess, I missed you." Scott immediately made his way towards Hope.

And Hope giggled as she slapped Scott's cheek and said, "Cott! Love you." and then proceeded to place a wet kiss on his jaw.

Scott looked like he was about to cry.

"Shall we say grace?" John suggested as he watched his small family settle around the table.

Claudia would've been so happy.

**