Diaper Change

A/N: Here you go! Another update :)

Enjoy!

**

Day 1 with Hope 

Their first day with Hope, well not including the night before, was sort of okay… well, normal for people with kids. Of course they still had to tell the Sheriff about Hope and he also remembered about his classes but luckily, Derek told him that he’d take care of Hope while he was finishing his Baking & Pastry program in San Francisco.

He also remembered a conversation that he and Scott had a couple of months ago via Skype about his decision to get the Baking & Pastry program instead of just taking the Culinary Arts program.

Stiles rolled his eyes at him and said, “Dude, I love baking… I mean, I love cooking different kinds of meals but baking was a thing that my Mom and I used to do back when she was still alive. I guess when it comes to baking, there’s control with things… and besides, I’ll be able to go home and start a business or something…”

Scott stared at him like he grew a second head, “Is this about Derek or your Dad?”

“Both, actually… I just want to stay close to them as much as possible.”

But that was six months ago, now, the situation was different because he has a child… no, he and Derek have a child to take care of and that changes everything. He wanted to be there for her first everything. He didn’t want to be the kind of parent who missed out on their kid’s first word or their kid’s first step. He wanted to be there for Hope as much as possible.

And yes, because of Derek and his Dad as well.

So, yea, their first day with Hope was quite a normal. The moment Hope woke up that morning, she was cranky and boy, did she need a major diaper change… actually, she needed a bath.

“Oh no, baby, let’s get you clean and fed, okay?” Stiles mumbled sleepily as he rolled down his bed. He quickly gathered Hope in his arms and tried to pacify her.

“Stiles! I bought some more baby stuff!” Derek’s voice echoed throughout the hallway. Stiles managed to quiet Hope down and she made grabby hands at the rubber ducky that Derek was holding.

“Yay for rubber ducky, huh, Hope? Alright, Papa Derek is going to get your food ready and we, my dear, we are going to have fun in the bath.” Stiles said and for the first time, Hope smiled with tears in her eyes.

 Derek didn't even react to the fact that Stiles just called him 'Papa Derek'. He just smiled fondly at the two of them and went back downstairs to get breakfast going for the three of them... plus the Sheriff because he was due any minute now.

And right after Stiles got Hope washed, changed, and settled on his lap in the kitchen while Derek prepared a bottle for her, that’s when Sheriff John Stilinski walked in on Derek and Stiles cooing at Hope as she sucked on her bottle with gusto.

“Ah, heck, Stiles… what’d you do this time?” John sighed heavily the moment he saw the pair.

Stiles whined and said, “In my defence, I just found her here in the kitchen last night crying her heart out,” and then gave Derek a glare, “You didn’t hear him come in?”

Derek, on the other hand, shrugged and said, “Well, in my defence, there’s a very cute baby distracting me, so…”

John breathed in and tried to compose himself at the sight of his son –his only son, holding the cutest baby girl in the world.

“Okay, I want an explanation later. C-can I hold her?” the elder Stilinski asked and Stiles stood up and Hope, who was now done with her bottle, stared up at John with big brown eyes, “Oh boy… those eyes are dangerous… look at you, you can’t be more than three months old, huh?” the man said as he cooed her.

Hope grumbled happily as John held her in his arms, her little pudgy hands keep on trying to grab his chin as she smiled at him.

“Why don’t you guys talk first while I distract Hope?” Derek suggested as John gave Hope back to Stiles.

Stiles, on the other hand, was adamant about not having Derek there, “Derek, I need you to be there… please?”

John and Derek suddenly exchanged looks, the older Stilinski held his hands up in surrender and said, “It’s okay, I mean, from what I’ve just witnessed a while ago, and besides I think you’re already a part of this family.”

**

A/N: Update will be later tonight :)