The Start of Something New

A/N: Yea, I know, the chapter title looks familiar… well, because it is. I miss High School Musical… it’s been years, dude!

Enjoy!

*

Once Stiles had settled a sleeping Hope on his bed, complete with pillows surrounding her, he immediately thought of the werewolf that was currently sitting on his couch right now… probably pulling his hair out of frustration because Stiles just called him out on his feelings.

Stiles had always found Derek physically attractive. He still does, but for the past three years of knowing each other, he’d learn to appreciate every bit of Derek Hale. He had learned so many things during those three years of random texts at 2AM or the surprise visits he gets from the man.

During those three years of knowing Derek Hale, he realized how much the man meant to him, that he saw Derek as someone he could actually learn to love and care for.

He squared his shoulders as he breathed in deep before going down the stairs to face the Alpha.

**

Stiles told him that could sit and wait for him but for some reason, Derek found himself pacing back and forth the living room floor. What if Stiles tells him that he didn’t want to be his lover let alone his friend anymore?

There were endless conclusions inside Derek’s head that he didn’t even hear Stiles enter the living room. He was too preoccupied about the things that Stiles might do if he told the young man how much he felt about him.

“Wow… this is the first time in years that I saw you this nervous.” Stiles’ voice pulled him out of his mind.

Derek looked up and saw Stiles smiling widely at him, “I’m not nervous?”

“Are you asking me? Or are you telling me?” Stiles asked him as he walked towards the Alpha slowly.

“Listen, I know I kind of jumped to conclusions a while ago… but can you blame me? I just saw the guy that I’ve been pining for three years with a baby. What was I supposed to say?” Derek explained as he ran his fingers through his perfectly styled hair.

Before Derek even noticed it, Stiles was only a breath away. He stared down at the young man and said, “It’s going to sound cliché but… you had me at Sourwolf.”

The smile on Stiles’ face only grew wider, “You told me that you haven’t watched Jerry Maguire! You total fluff ball!” he blurted out as he threw his arms around Derek’s neck and hugged him tight.

Derek chuckled, a low rumble inside his chest that made Stiles all warm inside. The Alpha wrapped his strong arms around the young man’s waist and pulled him closer, “I love you too, Sourwolf.” He heard Stiles whisper into his ear before placing a soft kiss below his ear.

And that’s when Hope decided that it was totally okay to interrupt their canoodling.

**

 A/N: This one is short and their adventure with child care will start on the next chapter, okay? Okay.