Alternative Ending

Ava POV

I saw Calum's nurse poke her head through the doors, and motioned for me to go over to her.

"He's woken up, and he said the only person he wants is you," she spoke in a hushed tone. I nodded my head quickly, not even caring how eager I seemed. She lead me back to his room and opened the door. "I'll give you two some privacy," she said, closing the door. I walked over to his bed, only to be met by his closed eyes. I grabbed his hand, and they snapped open.

"You scared me," he mumbled.

"Sorry." I pulled a chair over to the side of his bed and sat down, still holding onto his hand.

"I could a sick rep for being shot," he let out a small laugh, but it just sounded like air was being pushed out of his lungs.

"Don't make jokes, Calum!" I couldn't hold the tears in any longer. "You almost died."

"Come here," he whispered, and moved over in the bed, holding his other arm out to me. I waisted no time getting in next to him, and letting his arms wrap around my body.

"I'm so pathetic. You're the one that got shot, and you have to comfort me," I choked out, my face pressed into his chest and his head resting on top of mine.

"It's not pathetic." He kissed the top of my head, while rubbing my back with the hand that wasn't holding mine.

"You got hurt," I sniffled. "It's all my fault."

"Ava, don't say that." I had never heard him so serious before. "I'm okay now. Look at me, I'm okay." I pulled away from him just enough, so I could look into his eyes.

"Cal?"

"Ave?" He smirked.

"I miss you." His smirk was completely gone in an instant. "I don't ever want you to leave me." Instead of saying anything, he leaned down, and pressed his soft lips against mine. That kiss was all the reassurance I needed to know that he would stay by my side from now on.

"I love you, Ava Smith," he said, when we pulled away from the slow kiss.

"I'll run away with you."

"You- what?" He seemed confused and taken aback.

"Let's go elope, and run away to Brazil... but only for a week." I laughed.

"As long as I'm with you, everything will be perfect." I couldn't stop the huge grin from spreading on my face. He closed his eyes again, before talking. "And I already know how cheesy that sounded, so you don't need to say anything about it." I let out a loud laugh, which caused him to open his eyes laugh with me. He stopped laughing, so he could yawn.

"Are you tired?" I asked. He nodded his head, so I kissed his forehead, and started to shuffle out of the bed. Before I could get out, his strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me into him again.

"Don't leave, just yet," he said, with his eyes still closed. I smiled, even though he couldn't see, and cuddled further into him. We layed there for ages, just being wrapped up in each other. And I couldn't help, but smile like an idiot.

Beause I had Calum. And no one, not even Jack, could take him away from me.

OKAY. EVERYONE HAPPY NOW? GEEZ.
JK IT WAS FUN WRITING THIS. IDK WHY, BUT THAT GAVE ME MAJOR CAL PAL FEELS.
LOVE YOU ALL!!! THANKS FOR READING!!!

Btw...

Triple update today.

BOW DOWN