Luke

Luke POV (okok this is different)

I was sitting in my hotel, doing absolutely nothing. Literally, I was staring blankly at the ceiling, while laying on my bed.

We all had a day off, finally, but Calum hasn't come out of his room for 2 days, and Ashton and Michael wanted to go do some touristing, since we have never been in America before.

As for me, I was just too worried to leave. I haven't slept more than three hours, since Calum told us Ava had amnesia. That was four days ago.

The lack of sleep was really starting to show, too. I had dark circles under my bloodshot eyes. The only reason I have been able to get out of bed these past three days, is all because I have been chugging coffee like there was no tomorrow.

Basically, my days consisted of 7 cups of coffee, lots of yawning, a lot of nervous nail biting, way too much worrying, and roughly a half out of sleep.

It has been two days, since Calum told us Ava remembered him, but we have all just been so busy, that we haven't been able to go see her. Besides that, I'm just really scared to see her.

What if she doesn't remember me? What if she only remembers Calum? I don't think I could stand the thought of one of my best mates forgetting me. And even if she does remember me, would she still want to be my friend?

We met through Calum, and I think they probably broke up. Calum, like I said before, hasn't come out of his room, since he said that Ava remembered. They broke up right before she got in a car crash. Maybe she didn't want to get back together with him.

I realized that sitting here dwelling on this, isn't going to help my sleep deprivation at all, so I just came to a random conclusion: (One of) my best guy mate(s) is depressed, and won't come out of his room. My (only) best girl mate is currently being hospitalized, I am really tired, and I've drank too much coffee this week... like really, that is so unhealthy.

Groaning, I rolled onto my stomach, and shut my eyes, hoping and praying that I will finally be able to sleep. But of course, Calum just had to call me the second I got comfortable.

But I answered, only because there was not a single sign of him still being alive for the past two days. While Michael, Ashton, and I went out to parties, clubs, signings, meetings, or even just hanging out, he wouldn't come. I know it sounds like a lot for two days, but I guess you could say we were intense people. Our schedules were always filled up down to every last second.

"Hey buddy, didn't know you were still alive," I joked, in my tired state.

"I can't believe I am still alive," he mumbled back.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when I told you that Ave remembered me?" He hesitantly answered my question, with one of his own.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, rolling my lip ring around with my tongue. I was trying to act like this was a normal conversation for me to be having, but Ava was a touchy subject for me now.

"Nevermind," Calum breathed, and I let out a sigh of relief, gladly letting him change the subject. "What are you doing right now?"

"Trying to sleep."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You can go back to sleep..."

"It's no use," I sighed, giving up. "I'll never be able to sleep. Wanna go get some coffee?" Coffee is always the answer for me, nowadays.

"I'll pass, but thanks for the invite." I heard him swallow loudly, over the phone, almost as if he was trying to not cry. Guess he's had a bad experience with coffee in the past.