Dreams

Ava POV

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Calum asked me, the second I opened my eyes, when I woke up.

"I am grown up, Cal," I mumbled against the cotton sheets.

"Well, what do you want to be?"

"I'm too tired to think right now."

"Well, if you won't tell me your dreams, I'll tell you mine. I want to marry you one day. When we are older."

"Wait, what?" I was now fully awake. I sat up and looked Calum in the eyes.

"Well, we love each other, so why not?"

I smiled a big, cheesey grin at him.

"I like that idea... a lot."

"Me too." He smiled at me, before he got off the bed. "I'm going to go out with the boys today, so is there any place you want me to take you?"

Nice, romantic moment: ruined.

"Not really. Can I come with you guys?"

He let out a long, loud sigh and sat on the bed next to me. He took my hands and gently held them, as he looked into my eyes.

"Ave, I'm really sorry, but me and the guys have had these plans for a long time. I wish I could take you, but I can't. And I can't break these plans, either. Are you sure you don't want to go anywhere? We're probably going to be out all day..." he trailed off, as disappointment settled in the pit of my stomach.

"There is nowhere for me to go."

"I'm really sorry."

"So, you're just going to leave me alone in the hotel all day?"

"Well, if you aren't going to go anywhere, then yes." The gentle tone he was using was gone. His voice now had irritation laced through it.

"Where are you going?" I asked, simply because I was curious.

"Does it matter, Ava?" He was starting to raise his voice. I had no idea why he was he was getting so annoyed with me.

"Geez, I was just asking. You don't need to get all defensive."

"I'm not getting defensive. I just wish you would get off my case, for once." His tone wasn't lightening up a single bit.

"Get off your case, Calum? Why are you freaking out? I just asked where you were going."

"I'm not freaking out. I'm just getting upset, because it's like you can never let me leave, unless you know where I'm going, who I'm going with, when I'll be back... quit trying to be my mum!"

"Your mom? Well, excuse me for being worried about you!" I raised my voice to match the volume of his, as I got off the bed and stood in front of him.

"Worried about me? I don't think it's that, Ava. I think you are just scared I'm going to cheat on you."

"That's what you think? Well, no offense, Cal, but what you think is stupid." I was talking at my normal volume now.

"It always is, Ava."

"That isn't what I meant-"

"I know what you meant."

"Why do you always have to argue with me?"

"I don't know. Maybe we should just break up, if it annoys you that bad."

"Maybe we should!"

He grabbed a random shirt and a pair of jeans, as fast as he could, and walked out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind him.

As for me, I just plopped down (face down) on the bed and let the plush mattress absorb the long scream coming from my chapped lips.

One minute we were talking about getting married, and the next he is yelling at me and storming out of the room.

Did we just break up?

He brings me to New York, then tells me we should break up.

That is sick. And not in a good way.

I hop off of the queen sized mattress, and try to find something to wear. I pick up a flowy black dress and slide it on, after stripping from Calum's shirt and my night shorts.

I combed my fingers through my hair, trying to get the knots out, as I looked for the keys to the rental car Calum got.

When I finally found them, I dashed out the door, and into the parking lot. Good thing it was summer, because I forgot shoes.

I slid into the drivers seat and started to drive. I had no idea where I was going, but I didn't care. I just needed to think, and driving aimlessly seemed to help me in the past.

The tears didn't come at first, but once they did, they didn't stop. I was a sobbing mess, driving down random streets.

I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me. Calum is the reason I am alive right now. Calum is the reason I graduated high school. Calum is the reason I am not afraid to be happy with someone, anymore. Calum is the reason I am in love. But Calum is also the reason I am crying right now. Because Calum is the reason I just lost the only constant in my life... him.

More tears blurred my vision, as I looked around for something to wipe my wet eyes with. I opened the middle consul, as I heard honking coming from an other vehicle. As soon as I looked up, I saw that I had swerved into oncoming traffic, and had a red truck coming at me, head-on.

And that was the last I had seen, before everything went black.