I'm Sorry?

Calum POV

"She may not remember a lot, right now. She has had some severe head trauma, and is lucky to even be alive," Ava's doctor, the one I tried to punch, spoke, although I wasn't listening, because we were standing outside her door, and I was getting really anxious to get inside.

To be honest, I don't really care how lucky she is. I only care that she is alive. I only care that she is okay. I only care about her.

"Yeah, sure, okay, whatever. Can I see her now? Please, please, please!" I begged.

"Mr. Smith-"

"Please!"

He sighed, and finally opened the door, and left us to be alone.

Even though she looked exactly the same as she did when I came in here the first time, I didn't fall to my knees and cry. Her eyes were open, and that was all the reassurance I needed, to know that she was okay.

I still felt bad. She still looked terrible.

She was looking at me, with confusion dominating her beautiful, cut up face. She probably was wondering why I was here, since I acted like I wanted nothing to do with her yesterday.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here," I broke the silence.

"Kind of," she whispered, and looked down at her hands, laying at her sides.

"Ava, I'm really sorry."

"For what?" She still kept her eyes on anything, but my face. She only did that when she was really mad. I hated when she did that. But I guess, I would rather have someone that acted shy, when they are mad, as opposed to someone, who yells and screams.

"For the fight. It's all my fault that you are here." My voice cracked a little, towards the end.

"Are you the person that was in the truck?" She asked, this time looking at me.

I was really confused, until I realized that she probably meant to ask if I took a truck, although it didn't have any relevancy to what we were talking about. But she does have head trauma, so...

"Come on, Ave. You know me, I wouldn't be caught dead in a truck," I winked.

"Ave?" I guess she was really mad. So mad, that she didn't want me to call her by my nickname for her.

"Look, baby, I'm really sorry, okay? I missed you so much. I didn't mean it, when I said we should break up. I don't know what I was thinking.... actually, I do. I was thinking that I was so mad that I couldn't spend the day with you, and I let my anger get the best of me. I cannot tell you how sorry I am."

"Okay..." she trailed off.

"So you forgive me then?" I asked, with hope.

"Sure," she breathed out, sounding really confused. "Just one more thing."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Who are you?"

I couldn't help, but burst into laughter. It didn't last long, because when I saw the look on her face, I stopped.

"My dear, I know you are very limited with ways to prank me, since you are in a hospital... but this is by far the worst prank you have ever pulled. If this is your way of getting back at me, I'll pretend like I believe you. So you win... this time. Now, let's go ask when I get to take you home."

However, she stopped me, before I could even make it to the door.

"Excuse me? Take me home? I don't even know you," she said, sounding appalled.

"Oh, hi, Ava. Nice to meet you. I'm Calum, you know, your boyfriend..." I said, with a bit of sarcasm in my voice.

"I'm sorry? You are not my boyfriend. My boyfriend's name is Jack, and he certainly is not you."

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, Ave," I said in an unamused monotone.

"Um... I'm really sorry." Her face looked almost scared.

That's when my heart stopped; when realization overtook my mind.

"A-Ava? You really don't know who I am?" I asked, as tears flooded my eyes.

"I'm really sorry. You seem really nice, but I already have a boyfriend."

I nodded, and walked out of the room. I'm starting to wish I never even brought her to New York.