Awakening

[A/n - Edited: 8/11/15]

__________________________________________________

Chapter Two: Awakening

I awoke back on the cold ground. It was still dark, yet somehow, darker than before. I could tell much time had passed.

My right cheek rested against wet grass, long silvery strands clung to the moisture as a drowning man would cling to a life raft. Spots of red streaked through the silver. Curious I touched the shiny, stained strand with thin, pale fingers. I sniffed the air around the strands, it smelled deliciously sweet, but oddly repulsive at the same time, as if it were tainted. 

My throat burned dully and my stomach gave a painful lurch. I was positively famished, yet the pain made me gag. Bile rose burning to the back of my parched throat. 

How long have I been here? Where am I at?

I sat up weakly, my pale arms shaking from the effort. The world spun around me as my vision danced. The curious smelling crimson covered me almost entirely. I ignored it, the smell only made me feel worse.

"Ah, you're awake." I jumped a bit, startled. This voice was music to my ears, the words softly whispered but at the same time frighteningly loud.

The thick silver stained with red had slid over my face and down past my waist. Is this my hair? I have silver hair...? Is that normal?

The person who had spoke moved to tilt my face upwards. I automatically flinched away. I wasn't sure why...but I was terrified to be touched in fear I would be struck. I peeked at this mysterious person from under my silver locks.

He had skin paler than mine, an absolutely flawless complexion. Dark hair waved past his face drawing my eyes to regal shoulders. His face was narrow, with high cheekbones, and a full mouth. Onyx colored eyes stared at me with false gentleness, but I could see they were devoid of any true emotion. I was not blind.

I should be careful of this guy.

His presence filled me with warmth. I was happy someone was here, but yet I didn't want him near me at this moment. Too many thoughts ran through my scattered mind.

"Little one, I heard your will to live beyond the grips of Death." He spoke, I stared at him, the formal and old fashioned words ill-fitting. Little one?! You can't be any older than eighteen!

"I have saved you from your fate by making you immortal. I am your Creator." The warmth returned. He gave me smile that did not reach his eyes. I remained wary of him and my surroundings. Geesh. I have trust issues.

My Creator smiled wider.

"What is your name?" He asked, dropping the false formality. 

I looked at the ground and thought.

What is my name...?

...

I don't know.

I don't remember.

I don't remember...

I DON'T REMEMBER.

Frustrated I clutched handfuls of my ridiculous hair and gave a mental scream. WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!

My Creator put a calming hand on my head. "Shush. I'm sure your memories will return, little one." Again, with the little one? Really? What is with this guy?

"How about a new name? One for your clan to call and your enemies to fear?"

I tilted my head to the side and he gave me an appraising glance.