Chapter 11

Yusei had been driving around for almost an hour, his mind thinking about the upcoming final match. He had hoped that you were both ready.

You looked up at the ceiling, thinking of ways to keep your mind occupied. You suddenly heard a knocking sound, you went downstairs to investigate.

You went downstairs and opened the door, finding yourself surprised at who it was. It was Martha. You hadn't seen her in a very long time. You wondered why she had come all of a sudden, not that you were complaining. Martha asked, "I'm not intruding, am I?" You responded, "No not at all. I was actually feeling a bit lonely." You gestured her to come inside. You had just hoped that nothing terrible had occurred.

You and Martha sat in the kitchen. Martha spoke with worry, "Y/N, I heard everything from Crow. Is Yusei alright?" You quietly sigh, "Yusei went after one of those shadow spirits, he thought that he would be able to defeat them alone." Martha shook her head, "He's always one to take action." You stopped, "What do you mean, Martha?" It was Martha's turn to sigh, "Yusei always puts others' needs before his own. Sometimes he tends to forget that his friends don't always need help." You then say, "So he helps people who don't even need help and doesn't realize it?" She nods and adds, "Yusei is quite stubborn when it comes to a lot of things." She then says, "I haven't spoken to him until about three days ago. Yusei has been talking about you a lot too, my dear." You stuttered, "M-Me?" Then again, you didn't want to tell Martha about the near kiss that almost happened. You quietly asked, "What did he say?" Martha replies, "He's worried about you. He also says that you've been taking this shadow spirit thing all alone. Yusei wants you to depend on him more." She adds, "He also said that he couldn't wait to see you again. He sounded so happy. He wouldn't stop talking about you until poor Jack punched him and told him to be quiet." You laughed. Only Jack would do that.

You sat with Martha until there was another knock on the door. You both looked at the door before Martha said, "I've got it." She opened the door and you saw her eyes widen. What happened? You then heard Martha speak, "Y/N, I think you should come to the door." You reply, "Why? Who's at the door?" She just smiled, "I think you should see for yourself, dear." Is she doing that intentionally? You shook your head, accompanying Martha as you came towards the door. "Hello, Yusei." Speak of the devil. Yusei asked, "Is Y/N around?" This is when you freaked out. You mouthed to Martha, "I'm not here!" She said, "She's just inside. Come on in." Now was a good time to make a run for it. You face palmed. Thanks, Martha. If you could at least make it upstairs, you'd be saved.

Yusei then said, "If you don't mind me asking. Why are you here, Martha?" Martha replied, "I just wanted to check up on Y/N and see if she's alright. We were talking about you." Yusei gave her a puzzled look, "Why?" Martha sighs, "Y/N is worried about you, Yusei. She doesn't want you to overdo this entire thing." Yusei responded, "I guess Y/N and I feel the same way." "What do you mean by that?", Martha inquired. Yusei admitted, "To be honest, I feel like Y/N is stressing over this too much. I'm more worried about her health and her well being. She seems like she's thinking over this more than she supposed to." Yusei then said, "I have a feeling that Y/N probably ran upstairs when she heard my name." Martha let out a sigh of annoyance.

You were quietly sprinting as fast you could towards a room (any room) just to avoid Yusei. How could you avoid him when he was inside the house? Easy, just don't make a sound. Okay, easier said than done. You just knew that if you saw him again, that you would feel your heart break. You never wanted to meet him like this. Was this what being with Yusei felt like? What were you supposed to tell yourself? Your heart felt conflicted.

You couldn't take the pain. You had to escape your own home, your sanctuary. You never thought that it would come to this. You knew Martha and Yusei were still here, but you knew a shortcut that could get you (and your runner) out with no sounds being made. You had just hoped that Yusei wouldn't find you. Ever.