Chapter Nine: Ex

"Oh, my God!" I ran into Kaden's arms!

"You like it don't you?"

"Do I like it? I love it!"

"Oh, good. I was getting scared when I saw your face. That's good that you like it!"

I hugged him again, and started to walk to Haley, and my dad.

"You, had Jacob cover for you? Dad! Don't use my boyfriend like that!!!"

"So you do like it?"

"Pshh, yeah."

"Well, sweetie. I would like to get my groove on it that's fine by you?"

"Yeah! Let's start the music!!" I shouted, as the DJ turned up the music, and I grabbed Haley's hand, to the dance floor. The first song they played was "We R who We R", by Ke$ha. I twirled my sister around and she was having so much fun. Then I felt someone grab my hips. I turned to see that Haley running away to dance with my dad. It was Jacob I could smell by his cologne. It was strong, and sweet, at the same time. I turned to see him with a black and white suit on, and he twirled me around, and I landed in his arms, I smiled and kissed him on the lips, there was a explosion, that went all over my body. I stopped kissing him to catch my breath.

"Snazzy, outfit babe."

"Snazzy?" he laughed

"Mine, if I cut in?"Carrie said as we were dancing

"Nope. She's mine!!" He grabbed me laughed like the was suppose to be in a asylum.

'Babe, let her have me for a second. Gosh, you are the jealous type, aren't you?"

"Maybe." He let go of me and we walked in the bathroom.

"So was sup?" I sat on the counter.

"Hey I need to go get something. I'll be back in like 10 minutes. It's upstairs and it's really big. Do you care?"

"Nah, go girl. Don't let me keep you!"

"Okay, also! Save me some pie!" She walked out of the bathroom.

"Man, I gotta pee." I ran into the stall.

__******************************************************************__

***KADEN'S P.O.V***

After a while of dancing we stopped to open presents. I shoved my mine her face, as were sat around her.

'Here! Here! My presents first!" I said like a little boy waiting to get a new video game.

"Okay! Okay! You first! Jesus you sound like a annoying child."

My head went down, and I made a sad puppy dog face. The, she petted me, 'But I still love you!"

"Hey what about me?" Jacob shouted mad, but playing.

"Getting jealous Ayms?"

"Hell yeah!" He laughed

"Okay, boys. Let me enjoy this and yawl can do this later after people leave? Okay?"

'Yes ma'am" we both shouted, at the same time and we busted out laughing. Valerie got up and said bye to people that were leaving. Then someone came in called Caleb, came in looking Carrie.( Her older brother)

***VALERIE'S P.O.V***

"Hey Caleb!" I hugged him as he walked in the door," Long time one see what brings you here?"

"I'm suppose to pick up my sister. By the way happy birthday." He handed me a present. I gave it to my dad and he put it on the table," So where is my sister?" he asked impatiently.

I turned and looked around. Where was she? She said she would be upstairs. That she needed to get something upstairs. I opened up my phone. 11:45 pm. She told me she would be back, 15 minutes ago. My eyes got big, and I started to panic. I ran over to Jacob, and Kaden. They were talking about the first football game.

"WHERE IS CARRIE!' I screamed in their faces, and they turned frighten, as like they saw the devil.

"She said she would be upstairs. That she needed to get something upstairs. That was 15 minutes ago!" I screamed again. They were truly scared now.

"Babe, calm down, it's okay.

I ran upstairs, and Jacob, Kaden, and Caleb ran after me. As I was going upstairs I saw brown leaves on the floor and felt the wind coming out of a window. I followed leaves, and I saw, and there was room lit up with what looked like candles, and opened the door and the room was trashed. There was things thrown all over the floor, and I saw Carrie on the floor tied up. I ran over toward her, and she was crying, so hard. I screamed for the guys

"She's in here!! Come quick! She's hurt!" They ran in the room, and they looked around to see the damage done. Caleb ran over toward us and looked at the bruise marks on Carrie's body. He untied her, and she started breathing hard. Caleb screamed with anger in his voice,

"Who did this to you! WHO?"

I grabbed a note beside Carrie and it said, "Hey baby! I'm back!Did you miss me?" It had a red lipstick stain on the note, and it had xoxo under it. Jacob grabbed the note as Carrie started talking,

"It, it was a girl." She manged to say between her sobs,"She had red hair that came to her back, and she had green eyes. She was very skinny, and she was about Valerie's height.She also, had red lipstick."

Kaden ran downstairs to call the police, and Caleb sat done to comfort her, and he kept asking her questions. Like, why she came up her,do you know why this person did these,Did she know this person? She said no to all the questions. Carrie started crying more, and cried into Caleb's arms.

"Maybe it's best to stop asking her all these questions, right now?" I suggested.

"Yeah. That's a good idea Valerie."

I suddenly looked up at Jacob seeing him still looking at the creepy note. I got up and went over to him, and I asked him worried,

"Do you know who did this?" He shook his head up, and didn't look at me, and I touched his arms, and took the note.

"It was my ex-girlfriend."He looked in my eyes, with a worries expression.