Chapter Six: Courtoom

"Well, it all started at school, Adam was getting to friendly with me, and I told him to leave me alone, but he tried to kiss me in the morning at my locker, and I couldn't get him off of me. So, Jacob came and got him off of me. Adam fell on the floor. Then, later he gave Taylor Marshall a note to give to me. It said,

"Hey babe. Sorry about this morning. Meet outside after school, I wanna give you something. Promise. Jake, bye sweet lips.".

I read out to the court room, with shakes in my voice. I looked over at Jacob, and he gave me a half-smile. I smiled back to him and began again,

"Then, after school I came to him after school, and he asked me out to ice cream, and his friends where behind me. I rejected and they pushed me into his car. They tried to tie me up and I kicked the guy in the face. He picked up a social studies book and hit me over the head with it. I woke up at Adam's house, and he tried to rape me. He said, if I didn't stay he would kill my family. Hannah, and Jacob too. I struggled to get away from him but he was too strong, I spit in his face, and he slapped me in the face. That's when Jacob came in there, and defends himself, and me. Adam threw the first punch. Jacob tackled him and they fell on the floor. The TV fell over Adam's head. He carried me to his car, and took me home."

I sat there, waiting for the lawyer to ask me a question. He looked at me and sternly said,

"Is that all that happened?"

I responded, quickly. I wanted to get off this hard chair and I was nervous to have all these people staring at me. I had a headache,

"Yes. That is all that happened."

"You may seat down. No more questions."

I walked down from the "spotlight chair", and sat with my dad, and Jacob. My dad's leg was shaking leg, and he was furious. I put my hand on his leg, and looked at him and whispered,

"Everything will be okay dad."

"It better be!" he growled in a hushed tone.

"The defense, callsJacob Ayms to the stand."

He sighs and looks at me, I smiled at him as he walked to the stand. He sat down, and they started asking him questions.

--JACOB'S P.O.V--

"Please tell your side of the story sir." The man demanded.

"Yes, sir", I stated quietly. I breathed out and began,

'Well I saw him all on her and she looked really uncomfortable. I was about to walk away, when I saw him go into kiss her, and she tried to push him off of her. So I came over, and pushed him off, of her, and he fell on the ground. I was going into punch him but, he stopped. Then after school, I saw her go to his car, and I saw a couple of guys push her into the car. So I jumped into my car and started follow them. I saw a bunch of movement in the car, and then it just stopped. I followed close behind so I could see where he was taking her. We ended up his house. I parked a few blocks away. The car that they were in drove away without them. I saw him carry her in, and I waited until I heard her scream. So I ran into his house, sense he forgot to lock it.....I waited in the bathroom. I heard they're conversation. Every word. I heard her scream, yell and cry. I ran into the room, and came over to see if she was okay. He was trying to rape her. Her shirt as half ripped, and she had bruise marks on she arms and a bump on her head. I ran over toward her and kissed her on the forehead. Adam threw the first punch, and I ducked it. I knew he wouldn't stop, so I defended myself. The TV fell on him, and I ran over to Valerie picked her up and put here in my car. Then I took her home. Anymore questions?"

The man looked at me appalled by my detail of the story. I mean whole damn court looked pretty shocked by my story. Then I looked over to the judge, and he was shaking his head, in belief of my story. So did the jury. I mean heck some people even cried. I looked over to Valerie, and she looked back at me smiling, at her big brown eyes lighted up. I smiled back.

The man huffed," No more questions."

I walked over and sat beside, Valerie she smiled, a weak smile. I took her, hand and kissed it. The judge coughed, and I looked up scared, at him. He was young, black hair, brown eyes.

"The jury will be back with they're decision, in 20 minutes."

They walked away from their seats into a room, to talk about the final decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know a cliff hanger!!

What's going to happen?

Will Adam Riley go to jail? Or will he have is normal life?