Return to Camp

Annabeth waited anxiously at the foot of the hill that led into Camp Half Blood.

She had been aware of when Nico had left by shadowtravel, which most've been about fifty minutes ago. She fidgeted with her camp half blood necklace. What was taking Nico so long?

Campers stood of to the side, talking or playing volleyball. Rachel Dare was waiting next to her.

"How did Grover know where Percy was?" Rachel asked while looking at the entrance.
"Percy and him have this empathy link. Grover said Percy had asked him for help." Annabeth answered not really wanting to make small talk with Rachel.

It had been a day and a half since Reyna and Hazel had showed up at her house, rushing Annabeth to camp. She had arrived to have Chiron inform her that Percy and Malcolm had gone to a place they believed the empousi were living in.

Annabeth wanted to yell at Percy for making her so worried but he wasn't there. Instead she had spent the day working in the Athena cabin, trying to figure out where Malcolm and Percy could've gone.

That afternoon Grover had come running from his date with Juniper, yelling that He knew where Percy and Malcolm were located. Chiron let Nico go since he had been insisting on going to find them. Annabeth wasn't sure Will knew that Nico had shadowtraveled, which Will had strictly forbidden Nico from doing.

"Have any of you seen Nico?" Will, right on cue asked. Annabeth turned to see him walking towards them, wearing flip flops.

She turned back to see Percy stumbling doing the hill. Annabeth rushed to him, tackling him in a hug. She wanted to judo flip him again but thought otherwise.
"Annabeth-" Percy started,"Malcolm needs help-" he sounded breathless and was covered in dirt. Annabeth let go of him and looked behind his shoulder at Nico who was kneeling besides an unconscious Malcolm.

"You and I are going to have a talk." Annabeth told Percy before watching Will make his way with Malcolm in his arms to the infirmary. Nico was right on his heels.

"Where, in the Gods of Olympus did you go Percy Jackson?!" Annabeth asked Percy. Percy took a deep breath, "To this place Malcolm thought we could find the empousi." he muttered.
"Were you ever planing on telling me?" Annabeth narrowed her eyes at Percy.

Percy looked at her,"Um- well...no. I didn't want to worry you."
"I was already worried enough." Annabeth snapped at Percy.
"Alright- I'm sorry. But we found something we weren't planing on finding. Do you know Lamia?"

Annabeth cringed her forehead in disgust,"Of course I do. Hera turned her into a demon who ate demigod children. Why?"
Percy looked around as if making sure no one was around. "We saw her." he whispered with wide eyes.

The realization hit Annabeth in a second. Before she could say anything Will and Nico came out of the infirmary.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to shadow travel Nico?" Will asked angrily as he walked towards the Hades cabin.
"I had to do it Will. I knew you would freak but it's not like you control me." Nico argued back. Half of the camp had their attention to them two.

"I'm not trying to control you, Nico Di Angelo, but shadow traveling is dangerous for you." Will called back as him and Nico stepped into the Hades cabin closing the door after them. Annabeth turned her attention back to a very exhausted Percy.

"Nico was right when he said Will would freak out." Percy said to himself.

Annabeth turned her attention back to the Lamia topic,"Is she going to do something to our baby?" She felt the tears filling her eyes. Talking about the baby was rough. It was like having a thousand needles go through your heart.

Percy looked down at his dirty shoes,"Let's not think like that, alright?" He wouldn't look her in the eyes. Annabeth felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"She is isn't she? Kelly is going to give her Jordan, right? What was the deal they made Percy?" Annabeth waited until he looked up. His eyes looked sad. Annabeth hadn't noticed this. She never actually realized that Percy was suffering just as much as she was from the lost of Jordan. But he was the father after all.

"Kelly wants us both killed. That way Lamia can have the baby to eat." He mummbled. Annabeth put a hand to her forehead.

"Great. The fates really aren't on our side. We need to hold a quest to go look for Kelly and Lamia. They both need to be killed. Fast." Annabeth told Percy. She walked towards the Hades cabin with Percy behind her. She could still hear Will and Nico arguing.

"I had to help Percy and Malcolm! Do you know how many times Percy saved my life? If it wasn't for him, I might not even be here!" she heard Nico yell.
"Okay. Fine then Nico." Will responded before leaving the Hades cabin without giving Percy or Annabeth one look.

Annabeth decided that it might not be a good time to talk to Nico so she walked to the infirmary to check on Malcolm. Percy decided to say back and check on Nico.

She would have to speak to Chiron about letting her go on this quest. She was willing to go alone if Percy didn't want to go. But knowing Percy, there was no way in Hades he would say no.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sorry for the slow update guys. I had half of this chapter written but I was just to lazy to write the rest. sorry😁😁.

Anyways:

Who would your godly parent be if you were a demi-god? Comment plz. Thank you!💘💘💘