Blackjack

"Annabeth, you could use a distraction you know?" Piper suggested. Annabeth shook her head.

Percy had gone out with her half brother Malcolm, leaving her with Piper at camp. Sighing ,Annabeth put the book she had been trying to read away. No use in reading if you couldn't picture the words.

Annabeth looked out of the Aphrodite cabin window. Piper looked at Annabeth, concern clear on her face.
"Hey, you want to go Blackjack? He's here you know. Percy didn't take him." Piper spoke.

Annabeth shrugged and muttered a quiet sure. Walking out of the cabin into the sunshine, she couldn't help but wonder how the gods were perfectly happy while she was suffering. They are probably celebrating some great thing, she thought. That just made her feel worst.

Once at the horse stables, Annabeth walked over to Blackjack. She gave him a small smile as she ran her hand down his neck.
"Hi Blackjack." she said softly.
"Long time without seeing you, huh?" She asked and Blackjack huffed.

Piper stood behind Annabeth, looking grimly at the floor. Hay was all over the place.

Piper hated seeing her like this. Losing her ability to live slowly. But who could blame her? It was her child that had been taken away from her arms without warning. Without ever holding him in her arms.

"Let's go Annabeth." Piper said as she walked back to the Aphrodite cabin. Giving Blackjack one last look, Annabeth walked after Piper.

"Hey Annabeth!" Grover called as he walked over to her. Annabeth waved without much enthusiasm. She looked behind him at Juniper.

"Any news?" Grover asked Piper quietly. Piper shook her head sadly.
"No." Piper looked over at Annabeth and Juniper as they talked quietly.
"We beed to find that baby soon." Piper said.

Grover nodded. He waved good bye to them as he walked away with Juniper at his side.
"I'll be back Piper." Annabeth said as she walked over to the Athena cabin.

Annabeth walked into the cabin which was empty. Maybe everyone was at archery practice.

Quietly she looked around the cabin, feeling lonelier than ever. Where was Percy? Where did he go with Malcolm?

But there was one that didn't leave her mind. And it never would. Not until she found him.

She sat on her old bed from when she was at camp and took out one of the many books she would never finish.