That New Room Smell

Devin's POV

They are all so much nicer than I expected. In this case, don't judge a book by it's cover really works. They all seem to be such a great group of friends, a bit like a family, I just hope I don't go and ruin it all like usual.

The car stops in front of a reasonable sized house and Balz immediately jumps out excitedly. I miss him sitting next to me and I've only just met him, I think it's this energy he has around him or something.

I gather my stuff, ready for the awkwardness of fighting to open the door while carrying my case and bass. However, the car door is swung open by Balz, grinning madly "Get your little boy butt out the car already."

To surprise me even more he grabbed my suitcase from me and headed straight for the front door that Ryan was opening. Laughing to myself, I get out the car with only my bass to carry.

It doesn't take long for us all to be inside in the warmth. The first thing I notice is my suitcase dumped by the stairs and Balz spreading himself over the couch with no signs of moving, like ever.

I lurk in the doorway, not sure what to do or say. That's until I feel someone poke my arm which makes me jump more than I would like to admit.

Ricky looked up at me, I could tell he was trying his best not to laugh at my overreaction. "As Balz is too lazy to finish the job, I'll just show you were you'll be sleeping."

The shorter man then grabbed my suitcase and lugged it up the stairs behind him. I soon followed close behind. I was looking forward for a chance to sleep after that plane trip.

"That's Ange's room, then Chris opposite, Ryan then me, Balz then finally you. You're getting TJ's room now that it's, you know... free." Ricky said as he pointed to each of the rooms, pausing momentarily at the last.

" Thanks.." I say just loud enough for him to hear with a slightly bigger smile. Ricky returns it with his own cute grin before heading off back down the stairs.

I twist the handle and enter my new room and home. There was a bed, wardrobe, draws, floor length mirror, all in a black and white colour scheme. There was also the faint smell of deoderant and chicken wings randomly enough. Not that I mind of course.

I dump my case on the bed and lean my bass against a small table next to it. Sitting on the bed's edge I feel sleepiness start to wash over me and make my eyelids considerably heavier. Task one: unpack. Task two: Sleep as long as possible.

A/N
Hello little ghosts!
This is only a short one because I'm tired as fuck after work and having to do this later at night in less time. So sorry for any mistakes. Enjoy!
- Ghosty