From: Cassidy

Well... you may not like it that much, but it's a total guarantee to quick money, and loads of it too.

I bit my bottom lip. I really didn't want Josh to work on his own to hold up what use to be my place, but what is now ours. It wouldn't be fair. But how far am I really willing to go?

To: Cassidy

Tell me, i need this money... badly. Really badly.

I placed my phone on the counter before carrying along with my cooking, heating up the pan before putting some butter in it.

"I'll do a pesto sauce, it'll go wonderfully with the rigatoni. Plus, Josh will like it." I said softly, and despite trying to make myself smile, it wasn't working. The counter buzzed and I took a deep breath through my nose, grabbing a dish towel and wiping my hands off before putting the towel on my shoulder. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, opening her message. My heart stuttered and I swallowed thickly, sweat breaking out on my palms.

I'm truly that desperate, so desperate as to do that?

To: Cassidy

It pays well, you're positive about that?

I stared at the phone as I waited for her to respond. It didn't even take a minute.

From: Cassidy

Absolutely, I mean how do you think I make my money?

I closed my eyes to take a deep breath before opening them again. I wouldn't tell Josh, I couldn't tell Josh. Whatever job he'd advise to me wouldn't get me enough money to help pay with the rent. I needed this job.

To: Cassidy

Alright, send me all the information I need.

I clutched my phone tightly, and the front door flew open. I nearly jumped ten feet in the air, quickly turning to see who was in the doorway. It was Josh.

"I got a fresh batch!" He cheered, and I forced on a smile.

"That's wonderful, set it on the counter and I'll cut it up. You can just relax at the T.V." I said. He nodded, walking forward. My phone buzzed and I looked down, but didn't dare open the message.

"Who ya chatting with?" Josh asked innocently, placing the bag of bread on the counter. I resisted the urge to throw up.

"Cassidy, she's a friend I met here when I first moved in. She's moved around a lot, but now she lives close by... ish." I said. It wasn't a lie, but if he asked what we were talking about I was worried I'd spill it all to him and beg for help, and forgiveness for even thinking of such a thing.

"Ah cool. I'm gonna play Borderlands, call me when dinner is ready." He said and I nodded, forcing a smile. He didn't noticed my forced smile, turning and heading to the couch. My shoulders sagged and I turned to the stove to work on the sauce. I suddenly remembered that I had received a message. I looked at my phone.

From: Cassidy

I can do so much better than that. A month from now i'll drop by your place, then we can head there. Trust me, with me there it'll be easier.

I didn't hesitate to reply back.

To: Cassidy

Dress normal, I actually have a boyfriend who doesn't know a damn thing about this, understood? And fine, see you in a month...

I clicked off my phone and put it in my back pocket before focusing on my cooking. I wouldn't tell Josh.

No. Matter. What.