Chapter 44

** Crimson's P.O.V. **

I was relaxing on my couch, a cup of tea in my hand as Josh showered. My eyes closed as I took a sip of my tea and I swallowed it, the warm liquid slipping down the back of my throat. I don't know how long it had been but when I heard Josh enter the kitchen I was starting to fall asleep.

"So, I was able to hook something up while I was on tour." Josh started, catching my attention. I looked ver at him, taking a long drag of my Earl Gray tea.

"Do tell." I said after I finished swallowing.

"Well, I was able to get myself a job, you know, to help pay with the bills." Josh said, and I slowly tensed, my breath growing short. Josh noticed, his eyes narrowing in concern.

"Crimson?" He asked, setting down his mug of coffee and walking to me, sitting beside me on the couch.

"What's up, you just suddenly went all pale and your pupils dilated. Everything alright?" He asked, and I barely shook my head. He gently pried my mug of tea out of my hand, setting it on one of the side tables, before taking both of my hands.

"Come on, speak oh silent one, for I can not speak for you." He said, and my eyes finally focused, and I looked over at him, feeling sick to my stomach.

"I-I got fired, from my last job. I had told them I wanted to try to take leave, but the manager never really cared for me... I think it was because I had rejected his advances... but he said I'd either not go on tour, or quit. I-I tried to barter for a leave, using almost all my assets, b-but he fired me... because I was arguing with him." Josh pulled me into a hug, and I softly hugged back, feeling horrible.

"Hey, it's okay... don't worry. How much money do you have?" I held tight to Josh.

"A-about one more pay for the electricity and rent." I said softly, and Josh nodded understandingly.

"Thats alright, I should get paid before the next payment is due, so we'll be fine."

"I'm still going to look for a job!" I suddenly said, pulling back and away. Josh smiled.

"But of course, I mean I can't pay the bills alone."

"What job did you get?" I asked, and he seemed to glow with pride.

"I got a job at the hospital, i'm a doctor." He said, and I blinked slowly.

"T-that's what you went to school for?" He nodded, and I stared at him. His eyes were bright and he had a huge grin on his face that would make the cheshire's cat smile look like a frown.

"That's wonderful." I said after a moment, and he seemed slightly relieved, for he pulled me into another hug. I hugged back.

"It's almost dinner, how about I cook us some wicked pasta, and you can go buy bread from the bakery down the street." I said, pulling away to stand up. He smiled.

"I'll be back m'lady." He bowed and I laughed, curtsying.

"Be back soon my knight, for I can not imagine a world without that shine in your armor." I said, and he smiled, pulling me in for a nice kiss before disappearing out the front door. The second he was gone my smile faded, and I pulled out my smart phone, messaging my friend Cassidy.

To: Cassidy

Hey, do you have any job suggestions that can make me enough money to pay my rent?

I shoved my phone in my back pocket before going into the kitchen, pulling pasta out of the cupboard and pulling sauces out of the fridge. I pulled out a pot and a pan, putting water in the pot. My back pocket vibrated and I quickly turned on my stove, placing the pot full of water on it before pulling out my phone.