Chapter 39

*Sudhir Pov*

"Are you fine?" I asked her when I entered the home and saw her on the couch studying.

"I am fine." She replied, continuing to study.

"What did the doctor said?" I said, sitting beside her.

"Nothing! Just some casual weakness." She replied shrugging.

"Mom is sad." Ayesha said, walking towards us and Nisha stiffened.

"Why?" I asked both.

"She didn't write the exam well." Ayesha replied.

"Hey! Are you sad because you will not get 90%?" I asked her joking, but she just smiled and continued to stare at her books.

"You go and study Ayesha. After one week, you are free." I said, and she nodded leaving to her room.

"So are you really sad?" I asked turning towards her.

"No! Just tensed for the next exam." She replied, and I nodded.

I pulled her leg and started rubbing her feet, which got her attention, and she immediately moved her leg away.

"What are you doing?" She asked me shocked.

"You are tensed and I am trying to make you lose it." I replied.

"It's ok! You go and freshen up. Must have been tired with all the work." She said, and I nodded getting up.

Planting a kiss on her cheek, I walked into our room and freshened up thinking this is not the right time to tell her about a new problem in the office.

"So do you want to go somewhere after exams?" I asked her when we entered our room.

"I don't know!" She replied and lay on her side of the bed with her back towards me when I walked there.

"Hey, don't feel bad about the exam." I said and pulled her to me before switching off the lights.

"Hmm... good night." She mumbled and drifted off into sleep.

I smiled thinking how badly she got affected for a single exam, but I used to jump when I get just to pass marks.

During the whole exams, she kind of distanced herself in either studying or in sleeping. I was also little busy with the work, so I decided to let it go until her exams finished.

But even when the holidays started she behaved the same. Today is Ayesha's last exam, so I dropped her because Nisha said she is not feeling well and wants to rest.

I took half-day leave to enjoy it with both. When Ayesha and I reached home, I saw her on the couch watching television with serious expression.

"Are you watching any thriller movie or what?" I asked her walking towards the couch.

But to our surprise, the TV is not at all turned on in the first place. Ayesha glanced at me frowning as Nisha just stared at the blank TV.

"Today we will order pizza for lunch?" I asked her, and she nodded excitedly.

"I cooked the lunch." Nisha replied.

"We can order pizza at the dinner time." She added looking at the Ayesha's fallen face.

"What happened, Nisha?" I asked her directly when we were lying on our bed.

"Nothing!" She replied sighing and closed her eyes.

"There is another problem in the company. There is too much embezzlement happening in the company. And this is the reason for which I had that shouting match with myself." I explained.