Chapter 34

*Sudhir Pov*

"What is it?" I asked Sanju impatiently when she just continued to stare at me.

"Looks like you are still put into that zone." She replied.

"You are really annoying me." I said and continued to do my work.

"Just think me as your friend even though I already am." She said sitting in front of me.

"I am not going to discuss anything with you." I said shaking my head.

"I am not going to ask you to." She said back.

"Leave!" I said, sighing.

"Come on, Sudhir. She is an amazing girl, and it will not take time for her to find someone who will take care of her in which you are failing." She said sighing back.

"I wish!" she whispered before sleeping.

"Why do you think that I am failing?" I asked her frowning.

"Then who got friend zoned by their wife." She replied shaking her head.

"Look, I can handle everything, and you need not to say anything." I said and continued my work.

"She is not just two years younger than you Sudhir. She can't understand what is in your head in the snap of your fingers. She is younger than us, and you need to take lots of steps forward." She said looking at me.

"But she takes care of Ayesha like any real mother would do, and she understands me so much. And I really don't know how to make her understand." I said rubbing my forehead.

"I am not going to tell you anything, but it is time for you to read my gifted book." Saying that she left the cabin before I can scold her.

"Ok, I will try my best." I thought to myself, but not to read that book.

In the evening, I went home carrying a flower bouquet in my hand. I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Do you like these?" I asked her giving them.

"For me?" She asked, getting up from the couch.

"No! For the house décor." I replied.

"Ok!" She said, nodding.

I sighed and pulled her hand into mine and placed it in her hands. She took them and said "Thanks."

"You were teasing me." I stated.

"Guilty." She said, shrugging, but continued to smile.

"Where is Ayesha?" I asked, sitting down and she sat back.

"She asked me not to disturb her saying she needs to finish her work." She replied smiling more.

"You love her don't you?" I asked her, and she leaned on my shoulder.

"Yes! She just makes me feel glad every day that she is in my life, and I am even glad that I am married to you and get to love her like this." She replied, and I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"That's all you are glad about?" I asked, turning her face towards mine.

"Well, you are a great friend." She replied after a few minutes, and I shook my head placing a kiss on her forehead.

"How did you feel that one year when we were distant I mean knowing wise?" I asked her.

"Do you really want to know?" She asked shocked.

"Definitely!" I replied.

"In the beginning, I really had hoped you know that we will be friends until you mourn for Indu Di, and then we will have our relation normally. Ayesha already kind of accepted me too soon for the matter. But then I slowly started losing the hope like slowly." She said sighing.