Chapter 19

*Nisha Pov*

"So how was your day today?" I asked Ayesha when she returned from the camp in the evening.

It's been one week since she joined the camp and also for me since I joined cooking classes.

"I drew a cake." She said and immediately opened her bag.

"It is beautiful Ayesha." I said, looking at it.

"Let's place it on the refrigerator." I said, and she nodded smiling.

We both walked to the fridge and placed the paper on it using the magnet. We both smiled seeing it.

"You should draw so many that it will be difficult for us to open the fridge." I said looking at her.

"Then where will we keep Ice creams?" She asked frowning.

"You ask your Dad to buy another one." I replied, and she laughed.

"What did you learn today?" She asked, and I smiled at her.

"How to make a cake." I replied, and she grinned at me.

"Make one for me." She pleaded with those eyes, and of course I couldn't say no to her.

"Ok! Will you help me?" I asked her, and she nodded excitedly.

I took all the contents in correct measurements into a bowl and started mixing it properly while she started applying butter inside the mould using which we will prepare the cake.

"Over?" I asked, walking towards her.

"Yes! Did I do it correctly?" She asked smiling.

"You did better than my teacher. She was a little miser while applying the butter." I replied, and she laughed hearing that.

"Let's put it in the oven." I said, and she saw me pouring the mixture into the mould.

When I turned to placing it in the oven and then turned again, I saw that she is sweeping off the little mixture present in the bowl with her finger and licking it.

"Is it good?" I asked, sitting beside her on the dining table.

"Yummy!" She replied, licking more.

"Well, save me some." I said teasing her and ate it with my finger.

"It is yummy." I said, smiling at her.

"I told you!" She said, shaking her head making me laugh.

"Don't go near the oven ok?" I asked her when I went inside the washroom, and she nodded.

Like I asked, she didn't, and I smiled. We both just sat down and cleaned the bowl perfectly without a spot.

After doing that we both burst out laughing, and then we heard the footsteps.

We turned to look at Sudhir walking inside looking at us in confusion. He sat beside Ayesha and surprisingly not in his place asking, "What is the joke?"

"What is this?" Ayesha asked him showing the bowl.

"Empty bowl!" He replied frowning.

"That's why." She said and I laughed, shaking my head.

"We cleaned it perfectly eating the cake mixture." I explained when he just saw us in confusion.

"I will go and get freshen up." He said nodding at us.

"I will go and heat the remaining butter so that we need not store that little amount and can even get some ghee." I said, and she nodded.

When I finished heating it and held it with a cloth to place it in a cupboard as it was very hot, we heard the oven alarm. I placed the hot bowl on the oven and saw that the cake looks cooked.