Chapter 10

*Nisha Pov*

"Excuse me?" I said, standing before the receptionist.

"Yes?" she asked, smiling.

"Are admissions still open?" I asked her, hoping they are.

"Yes! Here is the application form." She replied giving me one.

I thanked her and started filling the form. I finished it and was in the process of submitting it, but someone called me.

I turned to look at a girl my age standing and asked, "Yes?"

"Can you pass me your pen? I forgot mine." She replied, and I nodded giving her.

"You may get a call by the evening regarding your admission miss." Receptionist said, and I nodded at her.

"Excuse me?" Someone called me again when I started walking towards the entrance.

"Yes?" I asked, turning around to see the same girl.

"Your pen! Thank you." She replied.

"No problem!" I said and was about to turn, but she stopped me again.

"Hey! I am Pavani." She said and then, I face palmed myself for not introducing myself.

"I am Nisha Meh... Arora." I said shaking her hand.

"Pretty weird surname." she said smiling.

"Actually, I am not used to my new Surname." I said smiling.

"Wait! You are married?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah!" I replied, frowning.

"Don't mind me! It's just I saw you filling the form, and I saw 20years as your age, so just don't mind." She said.

"I am twenty." I said, and she looked at me shocked.

"And you are applying for the MBA? I saw that you have done an engineering and not degree." She said confused.

"I kind of skipped a class in school. I mean I was made to skip it." I said, and she nodded.

"Ok, I will get to the point why I have actually stopped you. Why are you joining in this local college?" She asked and looked at me like I am crazy.

"Excuse me?" I asked her shocked.

"I saw your full form, so I am in shock ok. I mean I am being made to join here because I just passed in degree and didn't get a good rank in entrance tests. But why you?" She asked again.

"Just little circumstances." I replied shrugging.

"The faculty is good here by the way." I added and she just smiled shaking her head.

"I know that!" She said.

"Hey! I need to leave. It was nice meeting you." I said, and she said the same.

I went for a little shopping and bought a few things I may need when I join. Then I purchased some groceries, which may not be known by the helper properly.

In the evening, when I got a call, I was standing near the school waiting for Ayesha. I noted the details I may need and thanked them before hanging up.

"Hey!" I said, and she rushed near me.

"Careful, Ayesha!" I said, lifting her up.

"So someone looks happy today." I said, getting inside the bus.

She smiled and said "Surprise."

"Where is it?" I asked her eagerly.

"Later!" She replied, and I looked at her in shock.

"Please, Ayesha. Tell me now." I pleaded her, and she shook her head smiling.

I frowned looking outside but smiled when she placed her head on my lap. When we walked inside the house, she pulled me towards her room.

"Here!" She said taking a paper from the bag.

"You got full marks?" I asked her grinning.

"Yes! Very good." She said, showing me where her teacher wrote that.

"Wow, Ayesha! Look how intelligent this small brain is." I said ruffling her hair.

"Ice cream?" She asked, jumping up.

"Little?" I asked her, and she nodded after two minutes.

"First freshen up!" I said, and we both went downstairs after that.

I placed two scoops in one bowl and gave it to her. She stared at me frowning and asked, "Where is yours?"

"I don't want to. You eat." I said, shaking my head.

Then she took a little bite in the spoon and put it near my mouth. I caressed her cheek and took the bite.

"Ayesha! You shouldn't eat Ice cream every time. You will fall ill." We heard Sudhir saying when she took a bite.

"She is eating very little." I said.

"Why am I scolding her? Don't you know that kids shouldn't eat Ice cream like that all the time?" He asked shaking his head.

"She doesn't have it everyday." I said holding her hand, but she left it walking towards her room.

"I am really stupid! How can you even know about it?" He said sighing, and she returned.

"Dad!" Ayesha said and gave him the paper.

"Keep it up, Ayesha!" He said smiling.

"I asked for Ice cream, and she gave me very little." She said coming towards me and held my hand while he just looked at her in surprise.

"Finish it! I will go and prepare something for us." I said and walked inside the kitchen.

I released my breath which I stopped when he started scolding. What does he mean by, how can I even know? I am just trying to do everything for her.

I know I am not good at it, but I am trying right! I thought, rubbing my forehead.

I should forget about this and go on. I can't be near her with this sad mood. So I waited for a few minutes calming my mind and started doing as much work as I can so that my mind can be distracted.

We had a very silent dinner, and he took her to her room. And I went to mine as usual after some time.

"I am sorry!" I heard a small voice and turned to see her standing near the door.

"Ayesha! Why are you saying sorry dear?" I asked her kneeling down near her.

"Dad scolded you because of me." She replied frowning.

"No, dear! He must be tired with office work." I said pulling her cheek.

"You are not angry at me?" She asked confused.

"Of course not!" I replied, confused thinking how can even think like that.

"Then why didn't you kiss me good night?" She asked frowning more.

I chuckled and hugged her tightly. Releasing her, I said, "I thought of freshening up a little and then come to your room."

"Really?" She asked, smiling.

"Really!" I replied and took her inside her room.

I tucked her inside and stayed with her for a few minutes until she slid into sleep, but not before placing a kiss on her forehead whispering 'Good night' like every day.

My smile didn't leave my face, recalling her question. Her Dad should definitely learn so much from her.

I guess I am lucky to be in her life in the first place...

------------------------------------------------------------------

For my friend... i know i am little late than u asked but here is it... :)

How is the chap guys??

Comment plz and vote...