Chapter 1

*Nisha Pov*

"You should have told me, Bhai." I stated for the millionth time.

"Don't you have anything to say other than that?" Bhai said glaring at me.

"Chaithanya! Don't talk to her like that." We heard the warning from the back seat.

I turned towards my Bhabhi Sangeetha saying, "Thank you Bhabhi."

"And you Nisha, stop stating something which he already knows." She said and then continued to hold safely the sleeping form of my one-year-old nephew Jai.

"You don't know Bhabhi. Mom and all the relatives will say I don't even have a heart like always." I said, thinking about the memories where I was told the same words again and again.

"You are not close to her so it was not compulsory for you to be there before because we were told she would be fine." Bhai said calmly.

"But she is the only cousin Bhai and is elder to us. We were close to her when we were kids." I said.

"No! We were never close to her, but you tried to be close to so many years until six years back, and I don't know why." He said rolling his eyes.

Of course how can I forget that silly day. I didn't see Indu Di for two months because of my tenth standard preparation. So one day I went to her house immediately after my exams got over.

As no one was downstairs, I started talking to some man who is older than me and sitting in Indu Di's house.

He was listening to everything calmly. Then later I got to know he is actually her fiancé for the last two years, and the surprising thing is I didn't even know she is engaged. And also got to know what he thought about me in those few minutes of encounter along with Indu Di's.

"How much time does it take for you to be ready? I was stuck here hearing about some silly kid chatter." He said to Indu Di.

Indu Di frowned and then realized saying, "She is like that always. We all are fed up with her behavior and just want her to understand no one wants to speak to her."

Until that moment, I used to look up at her but after hearing those words from her, I kind of gave up to even make friends with her.

"Nisha! We are here." Bhai said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I glanced at the hospital building and said, "I am terrified, Bhai. Even though we are not close I don't want her to leave us."

When we got out and started walking inside, he calmly said, "Before she was completely fine and out of danger, but after one-week doctor is saying that we need to pray for god, and that's all we can do."

I saw Mom and Aunt sitting beside each other holding hands slowly crying and there are few other relatives along with Uncle.

I kneeled in front of Mom and Aunt holding their hands and they both looked at me. Mom brushing her tears away pulled me up and made me walk to some far place.

"What were you doing the whole week? Don't you have at least a little respect for your cousin?" Mom asked frowning.

"Mom! I... my exams finished today morning." I replied, looking down hiding the fact that I didn't even know.

"Are exams the only thing that is important for you? Don't you care about the other people around you?" She asked with a disappointed tone.

"Parvathi! Indu is asking for all of us." We heard my Aunt saying.

"She is talking to Sudhir right?" Mom asked frowning.

"He came outside now. Let's go!" Aunt said they all started walking inside.

I stood beside Bhabhi not knowing what to do any more looking down. I suddenly heard Mom's voice saying "You may have forgotten us as your family, but you too need to come inside."

I flinched and walked inside taking a deep breath. I looked at Indu Di and stopped myself from crying. She is attached to all these wires, and she has the pale face with her skull covering completely with a bandage.

"Mom! I have a wish." She said wetting her lips.

"What is it Indu? Tell us anything you want." Aunt said, holding her hand.

"I want Sudhir to get married to someone." She said looking at all of us.

"Don't talk like that Indu! Nothing will happen to you." Mom scolded her.

"That's what even I wish Aunt, but I know I don't have the time. So before leaving I want you all to assure me that my wish will be fulfilled." She said with blankness in her eyes.

"Indu Di! These things should be discussed with Sudhir and not us. It should be his wish, and he will fulfill it, but not us." Bhai said trying to make her understand.

"Please..." She pleaded and they finally nodded.

"I even have a girl in my mind." She added, making us all look at her in shock.

"I already told Sudhir." She said smiling a little.

"Who is she?" Aunt asked frowning.

"Nisha!" When she replied that my eyes went wide, and I just stood there with mouth wide open.

"No!" Bhai said along with me.

"Please, Mom! I, really... want this wish." Indu Di said gasping for air.

"Di! He will find someone eventually and get married to her. Don't stress yourself, please." I pleaded with her.

"Promise me!" that's all she said even after my pleading.

Mom and Aunt just dragged me near her and said, "Don't worry, Indu! She will fulfill your wish."

"Mom! No..." I said shaking my head.

"If you have a little heart, then just don't disrespect a dying person's wish Nisha." Aunt said making me close my eyes.

"Please Nisha..." Di pleaded and I slowly placed my hand on her still closing my eyes.

"Marrying him... you should take care of our daughter... and that's all..." She said, and I looked at her in shock while her life just left her body slowly.

Everyone heard her words, but seeing that she is no more in this world they all burst out crying holding her.

I slowly released my hand and walked back still with shock filling my mind with her word's ringing.

"Bhai! She is dead." I whispered to him looking at the lifeless body, and he hugged me nodding.

"Shh..." He mumbled and I cried on his shoulder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am kind of confused with the story starting so bear with me for few chaps...

How is the chap guys?

Comment plz and vote...