Harry quickly caught up and fell into step with me. "You forgot the way back home? Are you kidding me? We just walked here this morning and you can't remember?" He laughed, making me want to beat the shit out of him. I hated it when he tried to make me feel embarrassed. I was supposed to be the one to try and make him feel embarrassed, not the other way around.

"Listen here, Styles. I know my sense of locality isn't the best, but guess what? I don't give a flying fuck about that, so don't try to make me feel insecure about it, nor make fun of me for that matter. Are we clear?" I asked with a firm voice while he tried to stop laughing by covering his mouth with his fist.

After half a few seconds, he finally calmed down enough to be able to answer. "Whatever. I don't really care, to be honest."

Gritting my teeth together, I clenched my fists and started walking at a faster pace to hopefully get away from him. I didn't get very far before I could hear him calling my name, though. "Louis, it's this way."

I turned around to see him pointing in the opposite direction of where I was heading. Frustratingly, I made my way over and shouldered him once I passed him. He didn't say anything, just chuckled quietly under his breath, which didn't exactly make me like him more, rather the opposite.

Five minutes later, I was finally walking towards the front door of my new 'home' with Harry just a few yards behind me. He knew better than to walk with me, and I was thankful for that. God knows what I would've done if he had actually done so. Probably punched his pretty little face in or something similar to it.

Fortunately, the front door was unlocked. I hadn't been handed a house key yet, and I didn't want to stand there and wait for Harry to come and unlock it for me. So, I entered the freshly smelled house and slipped off my black Vans and shrugged off my jean jacket. "Hello?" I called out, knowing someone must be home since the door was unlocked and since the sound of the fan in the kitchen could be heard.

"Louis?" A female voice replied, and I recognized it as Anne's. She turned to me when I walked into the kitchen, giving me a small smile. "Where's Ha--" She started, but was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening.

"Mum?"

Anne's lips pulled up into an even wider smile at the sound of her son's voice, and something about it made my heart ache. Maybe it was because I didn't have a mum who could be as happy at my arrival when I got home, but I would surely not admit that to anyone.

"In here, honey," she called and turned to me again. "I'm making eggs and bacon, which will be done in just a few minutes. You can wait in here if you want."

I nodded as I quietly walked over to sit down at the kitchen table, fishing out my phone from my jean pocket to look busy. Not even a minute later, Harry stepped into the room and sat down across from me, his body turned to his mother who was standing at the stove. "How come you're home already?" He asked her, shrinking back in his seat.

"My boss decided to let me get off early since I have been working overtime two weekends in a row lately," she explained, flipping the eggs as she did so.

Even though I had my phone out, I wasn't looking at it, as you might have noticed by now. Instead, I was discreetly following all of their movements. "Oh, I see. Do you know when Gemma finishes school? I need to talk to her about something," he continued.

Anne shook her head, a cheeky smile forming on her lips. "Something you can't talk to your mother about?"

Harry's eyes flicked to me for a second before he pulled on a thoughtful face. "I'm afraid not."

The room fell silent after that and I decided to shove my phone back in my pocket after a minute, seeing as I wasn't using it anyway. I looked up to see Harry watching me with narrowed eyes, as if he was thinking deeply about something. "What?"