Chapter 4 -The Lost

David’s POV

I can’t believe I just did that. I let my straight mind take over and punch my use to be best friend like that and I was really trying to start over and try to be friends with him but it didn’t work I didn’t even last 20 minutes  and I fuck up. I don’t know what to do anymore I’m just so lost now ant I have no one to turn too.  I wish I knew what was wrong with me now I am just stand outside on my porch looking at the view of all the houses and big mountain in the back over towering everything and taking in the fresh crisp air trying to think of what to do. I will go workout that seem that s when I do my best thinking.

James POV

For the past 2 hours, I had been almost hit 5 times by car and 3 times by trucks and 13 motorcycles. It not like I’m trying to kill myself but it doesn’t sound like a bad idea right now the love of my life kiss me than punches me like I was some type of random person that he didn’t know of. Now I’m in another town somewhere and I don’t want to go back at all there nothing but pain and hurt and HIM back there just to break down what’s let of me if I go back there so my two feet got me here I guess by the loud roar of my stomach I will go get some food.

 Running and crying at the same time can drain someone very good. I walk to this I dinner I seen so I walk in with everyone looking at me I just go sit at the bar, and waited the waiter for the to come ask what I want I was about to fall asleep when Kendra came gave me a menu and asked “What are you doing in this town?” I looked at her as if she lost her mind and said “What you mean?” Now she look at me like are you stupid or something and said “Why don’t you just look around.” In addition, there nothing but white people everywhere but none of them are looking at me anymore turn around and looked at her and she was mixed but light skinned so I ask her “I don’t see the problem there just a bunch if white people in here and two black people.” She just looked at me as if she just got shocked by electricity and walked away. What she doesn’t know that I been in sudations like this so I don’t feel out of place like a normal black person would so I when back to my menu and everything look so good I didn’t know what to get.

 Therefore, I reach in back pocket for my wallet and didn’t feel anything so I check the other one and it wasn’t there either so, I stared to freak out like a crack head looking for their crack. Then I stop and think that I might have dropped it when I ran away from David’s house shit now I can’t even pay for food ugh I get up and walk out of the dinner. Sat down on some porch my feet started to heart so I took off one shoe and a $100 bill came out of my shoe my eyes was so wide they look like a full moon on a clear night I hug that  money like it was a real person. I put my shoe back on went to the dinner and ate like a king. As night fell and it was closer to time when the dinner was going to close I said to the waiter Kendra  “I have nowhere to go.” she look at me questing and ask “Why that?” I open and close my mouth then I did it again then I spoke “The boy that I like is in denial and can’t make up his mind. One minute he kisses me and the next he’s punching my lights out.”  She look at me in shocked and said “You just need let him take it in slow and have him think about it and talk about to him so he can understand what is going on with him. So he won’t be alone and you can help him thought this process so he knows that is not bad to be gay.”

  I was surprise that there was actually another person that didn’t freak out about gay people because on two people in my life that has accepted me and that Ashlee and my mom everyone else I know hates me because I like guys. “There a motel down the street that you can spend the night at and there only $10 a night.”  I just look at her like why is she helping me and I guess I said that out loud because she responded to want I just said “I’m helping you because I want to and I’m gay myself. I been in your shoes before and it was hard for me to convince my girlfriend that it was ok of being gay and there will be people that don’t like you, but it your life but life is not fair.

You will always have someone that doesn’t like you because you are not normal or like them but I got her to accept herself when we were freshmen in high school and were still together after all these years.” I felt so happy that gay people could have a normal relationship like any other “normal” couple. I just smiled at her and said “I hope I can have a relationship like you have” she just smiled back and told me where the motel was and I still have $60 left so and I got a room for 3 days  about how I’m going to get my best friend to be my boyfriend.

David’s POV

*BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG*

I hear the front door go like someone had lost their mind so when I open the door James mom runs in crying and yelling and running around the room. I didn’t know what she was saying so I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her and yelled at her “WRONG WITH MS. VALERIE!?” It took her a minute and she mumble something and I ask her again and she said it louder but still not long enough to me to hear and I ask her to say it louder an then she yell at me “JAMES HASN’T BEEN HOME IN TWO DAYS!!”  I look her in shock and I let her go and walk away to the kitchen and splash water on my head. Think back to the day I kiss him and punch him and I found his wallet and just left him to come get it back so I could apologize for what I did to him. I knew he might be mad for a few days but I didn’t think that he not go home and I need to find him.