Chapter 1- 13th Birthday

Start from the beginning

We arrive at the mall and I spot the rest of my friends. We run over to them. People stare but who cares?

"Brooklyn! April! Skyler! Riley! And Violet!" we have one big group hug and they all tell me Happy birthday.

We all had the Melting Pot for my birthday lunch.

"So Callie do you know what you will be doing for your birthday party yet?" Skyler asks then all the rest of the girls shush her. I was very confused. Then I put the pieces together and I think they are throwing me a suprise party!

"Wait am I having a surprise party?!"

"What? Who ever said any thing about a surprise party?" Zoe says nervously.

"Oh I have an idea! How about we go for the movie now?" Brooklyn changes the subject. I'm very suspicious.
We get to the movie theater in the mall and we see an oddly familiar group of boys.
"Caleb! Hi!" I try to get his attention.
"Hey Cal!" He answers back.
I go up to them and my group follows. I see his friends and see Brennan. Oh Brennan. I might kinda like him. I'm doing it again. Ugh stop it Callie.
"Callie? You ok?" Some one asks.
"What? Yeah I'm fine!" Ugh I got side tracked.
"So what movie are you guys seeing?" Skyler asks the guys.
"The SpongeBob movie. You?"
"Oh same!" Skyler answers.
"We'll look at that. A big group of teenagers going to see the SpongeBob movie. We are so grown up!" I say sarcastically then we all laugh a little. Aww Brennan laughing is so cute!
"Callie you spacing out again?" Zoe points out.
"Hm?" What's wrong with me? I look clueless. Everyone starts laughing again. My face is red now. Fantastic.

We walk into the theater and my hand bushes against Brennan's. Great. We sorta look at each other nervously and walk away. Of course my group saw and was chuckling When I got to them.
"Guys!" I whined.
"Ohh looks like some ones got a crush!" Lia pokes fun at me. Every one ohhs.
"Shush! I don't want anyone to hear! And so what if I like him. It will never happen." I look disappointed.
"Callie you are a beautiful,talented young woman! You just need to talk him. Use some of that bravery you have at the gym on this!" April warms up to me.
"Yeah! And if he is being a jerk and won't talk to you then there are plenty of cut ones out there." Violet tries to comfort me.
"You guys always know what to say! That's what you're my friends. Thank you."
"Group hug! Riley yells and we all hug for about 30 seconds.
"Come on we have to get to the movie!" Caleb yells from the other side of the room. We all just yell that we are coming.

When we finish the movie it was about 6:30 and it was getting dark soon.
"Ok guys it's getting dark soon and I think we need to get to my house for a group dinner." We all got into my car and Zoe's too cause we had a lot of people.
"Ok so now that we are in the car we need to tell you some thing." Brooklyn says.
"We need to put these blind folds on you and take you to you back yard." Says Skyler.
"Um sure? But what for."
"Oh nothing!" April seems suspicious again. "Well I mean some thing but nothing really!" We all stare at her. "Ok I'll stop talking now." We all nod.

"Ok Cal just step a little more to the left and we are almost there" I'm basically blind right now and Violet is giving me directions.
"No! Your other left!"
"Ouch! I'm fine lets just get to the back." I say.
"ok we're here. Just stay and we'll tell you when to take off the blind fold." Zoe tells me to do.
"Kk!" I say. I sorta know what's going on so yeah. I hear the boys talking to Caleb next to me.
"Oh hey Caleb!"
"Hey Callie! Blindfolds?"
"Yup!"

"Ok Callie! Caleb! Take off the blindfolds. The first thing I see is my mom is with the camera. Of course but I'm not complaining.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Every one yells. Wait! Cake? Decorations? This is a party! I start crying and covering my mouth. I get really emotional sometimes. But doesn't all teens? Ew.
"Oh my gosh thank you so much!" I yell.
"Come on Caleb!" We run down the stairs of our deck. We run to our mom and she hands us a present.
"Open children! Or teenagers!" My mom says. I rip the paper off and a beautiful bathing suit is revealed. An aqua Bikini with tassels on the top. We say thank you to our mom and go change. When I came back I realized that all us Aqua girls have the same colored bathing suit.
"AQUA GIRLS UNITE!" I yelled and we all say whoop three times. It's just our thing.
I look over and see Annie running up to me.
"Annie! I thought you were at camp!"
"All the coral girls decided to stay for the party! She answers. I look up.
"Olivia! Katie! Amanda! Peanut! Any one else! Hi!" I greet.
"Hi Callie!" They all yell. Sidney and Luke are here too.
"Hi fellow twin friends!" I yell at them having a group hug.
"Hello!" They say. Everything's going good.

"Come on everyone!" Annie yells and everyone is racing to the river.
"I'm coming!" I yell as I run with them. Life's going great.

•Caleb's POV•
I was so surprised about how well this surprise party turned out. Annie is here with her team and all of Me and Callie's friends are here.
We run to the river and all jump in the water. Callie was last so she did a front flip into the water. And we all clap.
"Woo! You go Cal!" I yell.
We swim around for about two hours. We play Marco Polo and we jet ski for a while. The girls do gymnastics into the water and the boys see who can jump the farthest onto the raft. When we were done the parents and younger kids went inside because they were tired. The older kids played truth or dare while sitting around the camp fire and making s'mores.
"Ok I'll spin the bottle." I said. I spin the bottle and it lands on April. Being the dare devil she is she picked dare.
"Ok April you have to go jump in the water how your dressed now." David, my friend, said chuckling.
"But it's dark and freezing and I just changed!" She answered.
"Hey it's just the rules." Brennan said with his hands up.
"Ugh fine!" She says angrily. She hesitates before she jumps in and gets soaked. We all laugh.
"Oh my god! It's so cold! I can't believe you guys made me do this!" She screams but laughs at our obnoxious laughing. April just shrugs it off.
•Callie's POV•
I'm kinda scared that the bottle is going to land on me and they will make me kiss a boy. More specifically, Brennan.
We spin the bottle and it lands on David. Yes!
"Ok David. You wanna play? I'll play" April says devilishly.
"Lia, Callie, and Brooklyn will go make a smoothie. But here's the twist they will put whatever they want in it. And you will have to drink it." April looks David right in the eye and he looks frightened. He gulps.
"Good bye tastebuds. " we all laugh. Lia, Brooklyn, and I run up the stairs, in the kitchen, and start putting stuff in the blender.
"Vinager!"
"Carrots"
"Tomatoes!"
"Paprika!" We all laugh.
"Ok guys get a hold of this!" I say
"Eggs"
"Well we don't wanna give him salmonella!" Lia says sarcastically. We all say whatever at the same time, laugh, and throw on about 4.
"David will love this!" Brooklyn also says sarcastically.

We walk out of the house giggling and smiling. As we reach the end of the deck stairs we see how miserable David looks. That just made it even more funny.

"Okay lets just get this over with."he takes in a little sip of the mixture and gags.

"ITS CRUNCHY!" all the girls scream ew. He ends up puking in the bushes. This is so fun.

Here comes the more not funny part. Caleb spins the bottle. It lands on Brennan. Aww geez.

"ok Brennan" Jacob says "You need to kiss on the cheek who ever the bottle lands on next. Course this has to happen. Caleb spins the bottle and it was about o land on me. thank goodness Caleb was squished up against me. Im the smallest one on the team and so everyone made me share seats with Caleb to save space. i quickly scoot over and it lands closer to Caleb. we all laugh.
Brennan ends up kissing Caleb on the cheek.

By the end of the night I had a really good time. I look over at Caleb.
"Did you have a great day?" I ask Caleb.
"Of course Callie." He answered.
Oh I love him so much. I see Annie and Hayley playing in Hayley's room. Aww I love them so much too. I love my family and friends. This moment is a turning point for me this is what life is huh? Well if it is I like it.

Hey guys. I hope you liked this first chapter. I know it's long and I've been working on it for a long time. I originally started on it a while ago. I'm so sad to say that Caleb has died. In real life. It was so devastating for me so I can't imaging how terrible his family feels. Let's just hope that they get through it. Anyways this book will go a bit different now that this has happened. I planned for it to go a bit like dreamy, perfect family but now I think that it is appropriate to change it a bit. Thank you- Natalia