★Teiko 20

~~~~Winter Vacation~~~~

Miyuki POV

Christmas Day. It's really cold now and snowing real hard.

Seijuro and I were the only ones at home. We gave some of the stewards a vacation to visit their families.

I went down to the kitchen and saw oniisan talking with our cook about some recipes in a cook book.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"Our Christmas dinner." He replied.

"We're celebrating christmas?" I laughed.

"Well you started it with your gift giving." He chuckled.

"Well, can I help?" I asked.

"Of course." He replied.

I was a pretty good cook if I do say so myself. And this was the perfect chance to test it out.

.

"Why are we cooking Christmas dinner again?" I asked my brother.

"Because I invited the others. Father won't be coming home anyway." He replied.

I was quite surprised that he'd make such a rash decision to make them come over. He didn't even consult me.

.

"Master Seijuro, your friends are here." Our steward announced. We weren't even done.

"They're early." Seijuro wondered.

Our steward led the way. "Something smells good." Midorima complimented.

Midorima and Murasakibara came in. I couldn't help feel embarrassed.

I wasn't prepared at all yet. My hair was just in a messy bun and my clothes weren't presentable.

"Your house is really huge." Atsushi said.

"It's the ancestral house, we're just lucky we're the direct bloodline." Seijuro replied.

"Where're the others?" I asked as i motioned for them to sit by me at the island counter where I was rolling maki.

"Kuroko and Aomine are in their way." Midorima replied.

"Kise kun told me he can't come. He has a live broadcast later on." Oniisan told us.

"We can just watch Ryochin later.." Atsushi replied.

"Miyuki, why don't you let them taste the fridge cake?" Oniisan urged.

I stood up and went to the fridge and took the graham cake out. I sliced them both a piece. I didn't mind, I had two more of those prepared.

"Did akachin make this?" Atsushi said as he took a bit almost teasing my brother.

"No, I did. Delicious?" I gave him a tissue to wipe the edge of his face.

"Very." He nodded. His expression changed and ate it some more.

.

Aomine, kuroko and Momoi came not long after. Kuroko brought egg tarts his mom made.

I made them sit in our living room and watch TV while Seijuro and I finished up our dishes. Midorima and Momoi helped with some but of course there was no need. Atsushi also came once in a while to see if he can take a bite.

I excused myself so I can go get ready. I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower then I went straight to my room.

I took out a white long sleeved dress that ended just above my knees.

I brushed my hair and left it untied. I then managed all my hair onto one side so it doesn't get in the way a lot.

I wore my perfume and put my makeup on. Then i went down.

Did I take that long? They were already setting the table and my brother was no where in sight. He must've gone to prepare as well.

I came down the stairs and casually sat beside Kuroko.

"Uwaa~ Miyu chan! You look wonderful." Momoi was exaggerating.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I looked at Atsushi and he was eyeing me grimly with his blank eyes.

"What?" I growled.

"Nothing." He looked away.

He made the air uneasy.

"Eto.. Akashi chan, don't worry about him." Kuroko tried to neutralize the atmosphere.

"He just thinks you're really pretty and he can't just say it." Momoi blurted out all at once.

.

"Miyuki, so let me get this straight, you're a year younger than us right?" Aomine asked.

"I am." I nodded.

"But you talk to us without any honorifics. You use informal language with us all the time." Aomine complained.

"That's the way it is I guess. I don't need to use formalities with you since you aren't my sempai. We're all in the same level." I explained, "does it bother you?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to get that straight. It's awkward to talk to you. Y'know?" He admitted.

•••

We began our dinner at exactly eight. We sat down and said grace.

The aroma of the food was so enticing, visually as well. We had maki and egg rolls, bread, carbonara, deep fried pork belly, fish fillet, roasted chicken stuffed with potatoes and cheese, and lots more. I even doubted we could finish all of these.

Everyone was so happy around the table. It was the first time in ages that we even had laughter in this house.

This was the liveliest day I could ever remember. Seijuro's friends are so nice.