★Teiko 4

Atsushi POV

"Do you really want me to watch you?" She asked just like how Aka-chin would ask me, in a calm yet sharp tone.

I think she had to think about it really hard when I said that. She just had to make sure I was telling the truth.

"Yes," I nodded, "what're friends for?" I smiled at her.

She chuckled. Didn't she consider me her friend then? Well I did. Yukichin is my friend.

"So?" I called out to Yukichin, "I'm gonna be late and Aka-chin and Mido-chin won't like it."

"Alright." She replied as she finally closed her locker and went with me.

I'm happy Yuki-chin will watch. I didn't have to force her either. She looks like the type who doesn't like basketball that's why she needs to see what I do.

.

"What're you doing here?" Akashi asked her right away when we got to where the others were. I saw them shoot glances at each other the second we got through the doors too.

"I invited her, Aka-chin." I answered for her. I didn't think there was anything wrong with bringing her here...

"Miyuki, don't you have other things to attend to at home?" Aka-chin ignored me.

"Yes oniisan, I just thought it was impolite to say no to Murasakibara's invitation." She coolly replied.

"Those things can wait, right Yuki-chin?" I smiled at her.

"I suppose." She sighed.

.

Practice began. I looked her way once in a while to see if she's watching me.

She looked like she was analyzing more than watching me play. I don't think she was enjoying one bit.

I know it will be tough to impress Yuki-chin because she's akachin's sister. that's why I better show off what I can really do.

.

After practice, I was panting. I've never played in practice like that before. I really think I gave this practice my all for Miyuki.

I took my water bottle and my towel and approached where Yuki-chin was.

I slumped down beside her. "So, was I good?" I asked her confidently before drinking.

"Good." She repeated like she wasn't impressed.

"Not great? Or amazing?" I frowned as I waited for her to change her mind.

"Hmm. There were some flaws. But I'm sure Seijuro nii will fix them for you." What she said made me mad.

"He doesn't need to fix anything. I'm the best player here and everybody knows that." I growled.

She stayed silent and it really went into my nerves. I balled my fists.

"I'll crush that shrimp." I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say?" She asked.

I stared at her for a while, "nothing..." I breathed.

•••

At home I couldn't help but think about how she reacted to my play. She didn't praise me at all. That proves that she really doesn't know basketball -at all.

It made me mad how she made me feel like I wasn't good enough. Like her brother was better than me when he's not. He's only good with words but he's not as good as me in the court.

Why did her words hurt my feelings? If it were somebody else I would've paid no attention to them at all, or slam them. I guess it hurt because I was so confident in inviting her to watch me. I even tried hard to show off.

Never mind. In time I'll make her say I'm the best.