"Chanel? Valentino? These boots" I picked up the black pair. "Edith, your closet makes me cry in happiness, you are stocked."

"I inherited a lot from my father" she said, looking at me through the reflection of her mirror.

She was applying a coat of red lipstick to match the white button up shirt with rolled up sleeves, tucked in a long pink floral skirt. I insisted her to wear some leggings or jeans under because of how cold it is outside but she said she's used to it.

I still packed a pair of black tight jeans for her in case she freezes, I don't want her to die, she hasn't even written me a paycheck!

"Psh, yeah" I nodded, my eyes racking through her designer clothes and endless racks of scarves hung on the scarf rack.

"I'm ready" she said with a pop of her lips.

Edith stood up from her stool and clutched her robe tighter and I took that as my cue to leave her some privacy.

"I'll be waiting downstairs" I informed her, exiting her closet.

"See you down" she nodded and I gave her a smile before heading back down to the shop.

I quickly descended down the stairs and made my way to the break room to pick up my coat and hat before heading to the register.

"Cover for me" I said to Allen, who sat legs crossed on the counter, his eyes glued to his phone and his fingers were tapping rapidly on the screen.

Man, he looks obsessed.

"On you first day?" He rose a brow without sparing me a glance.

"Mhm" I put up a poker face and his eyes lifted from his phone and stared into mine.

His eyes are so blue, makes me jealous to have two black holes as eyes. Okay so they're grey, but it gets darker everyday.

"You can't take off on the first day" he said, keeping his phone in his back pocket before leaning towards me.

"Why not?"

"Because it's written on the unwritten rules of employees, don't rat out your sleeping co-worker, don't jerk off when there's customers, don't have sex in the bathroom with your employer's nie-" he counted his fingers and my eyes grow wide.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA" I cover my ears with my hands and he smirks at me.

"Aw, someone's disturbed" he cooed, reaching his hand out to pinch my cheek but I slapped it away.

"God, I barely know you for two hours yet I already want to dig my head in a hole from your obnoxious voice"i scrunch up my nose as he rolled his eyes.

"You don't know me yet" he simply said before he hopped off the counter and brushed passed me with a blank expression on his face.

"You don't know me yet either" I stated, not moving from my stand.

"Maybe I don't want to" he said and I turned sround.

"Hey, we're going to be co-workers now, that applies for you to at least know my name" I gritted my teeth, frustrated at his words.

"Brenda" he said, uncertain.

"Yeah, right" I snorted and he glared at me.

"You know, for a person I've just met a couple of hours ago, you happen to be the most annoying person I know" Allen sucked in his cheeks and I rolled my eyes.

I opened my mouth to correct his words but then I saw Edith walking this way, I slowly closed it back

"Alright, let us" Edith chirped with a smile as I gave one of my own.