Unresolved Businesses

"Again!" Theta demanded to the female campers. She hated to be this harsh, but if her Master was correct, their enemy won't take prisoners and she wanted the lesser amount of demigod blood spilled.

Theta was never like this, ordering around and focusing more in the battle than on people itself. She was more of a pacifier, but her type wasn't good in wars like this.

"We've been doing the same since we began!" Theta recognized the voice of Drew, from Aphrodite Cabin. Theta also notice how much she had change and how the lost of her sister was getting to her.

"The enemy won't let you pick your sword up, Drew!" Clarisse argued with her, as if she understood and approved the exercise. Though Theta knew her well enough that she won't complain "Either you do it or I'll make you do it!" Drew kept quiet, doing the exercise en silence.

"Thanks, but I can handle myself..." Theta thanked Clarisse, before helping another girl from Demeter Cabin.

"You don't look like a warrior, if you ask me" Clarisse pushed. Theta smiled behind her hood. She wasn't a quitter.

"That's why I'm not" she recognized "I prefer to tend the wounded... But, my Generals admit they could be a little harsh when they want to and I'm the most patient of them all..." she explained, walking around the girls, with Clarisse on her tail.

"That makes me think that either they're pansies or softies" Theta rolled her eyes, trying not to snap. She was sure that if she snapped, she'd be recognized.

"They do what they think is right and, I agree with them" she finished the conversation, turning to see the girls "One more time!!" she yelled, before her eyes caught the training of the little kids.

Both Omega and Alpha insisted that the kids under ten don't participate of the battle, but Omicron gently pointed out that if they're not in the battle field, either they should be prepare in case someone passes the protection or if someone gets wounded. The one in charge of the little kids was Mu. She had even more patience than her and her methods weren't so direct.

Eta was in charge of training the Cyclops and the child of Hephaestus/Vulcan into new, more precise, faster and safer forgery methods. The Cyclops, fast learners, were already making weapons for the war.

Zeta and Phi were in charge of training the Amazons and the Hunters. The two groups didn't get along and the tension was bother everyone, even themselves. Reason why the Hunters trained the morning and Amazons, the afternoon.

Omicron was in charge of the Head Counselors, while Nu and Rho were in charge of the boys. Sigma and Pi had gathered the Healers and were working with them, teaching them new medicines and new hymns.

According to Theta, Camp Half-Blood was never this active.

"Can we take a break?" Theta went back to reality when she heard the voice of a daughter of Hecate, ready to collapse. Theta nodded and allowed the girls to have a break to regain energy and drink some water. She gave them space, she didn't want them to think she was pushing them to finish.

"Who does she think she is?" the voice of Drew was heard as if she was standing next to it "Makes us work to our exhaustion..." Theta hid herself, not wanting to eavesdrop, but curious about what the campers said about them.

"Drew, we're not just the only ones working and training here" the daughter of Hecate that spoke before, spoke again "Look around you!" she gestured, pointing at the guys and the kids.

"Stop defending her, Misty" Drew cut her "One thing is to train and another one is to order us around. They came here and took the control of both Camps, as if this was some kind of boring game to them! We're gonna die, they'll live and leave!"

"They're not like that!" Misty insisted "I've seen their auras! They just want to help!"

"What are you gossiping around?" Clarisse butted in, crossing her arms in her chest. Misty and Drew were clearly glaring at each other, not wanting to recognize they were doing that "If this is about the newcomers..."

"Clarisse, for ones in your life... don't follow the orders!" Drew said, frowning "This thing is completely suspicious... The accusation, the disappearance, and now... they show up, saying they know what will attack us?"

"What are you trying to say? That they'll turn against us the minute this is over?" Theta couldn't see, but it was obvious Drew nodded at Clarisse. Theta had enough and began to walk towards her house (or, more like 'the house the camps lend them to live'), gathering the eyes of all her fellow Guards. Noticing she was not saying something, everyone stopped their lessons and followed her inside.

"Theta, what was wrong?" Mu was the first one to ask, once they crossed the front door and that door was closed. Before pulling her hood down, Theta checked the place for curious eyes. Her normally bright and distinctive kaleidoscope eyes were somber and shineless.

"They don't trust us" she admitted, sitting down. Everyone's shoulders slumped down.

"We all knew about that possibility" Omicron, ran a hand through his short blonde hair "And, we didn't show our real faces to Omega and the rest!"

"Oh, so you think they'll be like the rest?!" Nu raised a little his voice. His one eye showed betray and fear about that.

"That won't happen" Rho stopped them to think differently "I spoke to them, they know who I am and they didn't reject me. They welcomed me..."

"Omega was always different from the rest of them" Zeta voiced up and everyone nodded. For once in a long time, Theta looked at her partners and saw the fallen souls that, even when they took the wrong way, had done the right thing in the end.

Not being accepted got them close.

Being trusted, made them strong.