Gathering The Troops 3x1

Elysium, Underworld

After four years of passing away, Luke Castellan concluded one thing from the afterlife:

Being dead sucks.

The first two months everything was new. Places to visit, old legends to meet, you don't need to eat, drink or even to use the bathroom. He considered himself lucky, since he was placed in Elysium after the (short) deliberation of the judges of the Underworld. The first two weeks, he spent them trying to apologize and compensate every single demigod that resented him. He achieved a lot, if we don't consider the fact that Zoë Nightshade was there too. Zoë's mission in Elysium was sabotage his work (or, that's what he wanted to believe) until he stopped.

The following two months, Luke, alongside with Ethan Nakamura (who was also a bit resentful by everyone, except Bianca di Angelo) started to prank the habitants of Elysium.

After two months, it wasn't fun anymore. It became repetitive and a routinely.

"If I'd chosen the right side, I'd not be here, boring myself to death" he complained to himself, throwing a pebble inside the near lake he was at "Maybe my intentions were good, but by chose of associates..."

"Are you so desperate to correct your mistakes, fallen hero?" A deep male's voice startled him "Or is your boredom talking?" Luke looked around and noticed a hooded figure, hiding under the shadow of a tree. His cloak was deep black, like it represented the color of a void.

"Who are you? And what are you doing here?!" Luke questioned him, getting in his feet and curling his hands into fists. It was unusual that weapons were carried in Elysium, because no one was a threat (everyone was dead, so...)

"My name and my reason shall remain hidden until you answer my questions" the man argued, calmly. Luke raised an eyebrow at his lay back attitude.

"You're not from around, aren't you?" Luke realized, taking a few steps closer to him.

"What gave it away?" the man chuckled at him "The hood, was it?"

"You think this is some kind of joke to you?" Luke confronted him again.

"No" the man admitted "But, I do noticed this life deprive you from your characteristic sense of humor"

"Life is monotonous down here..."

"I can change that around" the man offered him, making Luke pay attention "Would you like to make emends?"

"Is this some kind of sick joke? I'm dead, remember?" Luke pointed out, trying not to get his hopes up. The man seemed to be staring at him, up and down, before nodding.

"Yeah, your spirit is still up to the challenge..." the man muttered to himself "Meet me here with all those souls that you consider that left the world earlier than they should" With those last words, the hooded man disappeared, leaving Luke all alone, with his mind rushing.

~oOo~

Luke analyzed all the options that could apply to the hooded man's request. During his dead life, he met some of the most famous souls: the original Perseus, Andromeda, Atalanta... But none of them could be considered as an early leaver.

"Someone is a deep thinker" Luke heard the voice of his friend Ethan behind him, but didn't bother to answer.

"If that's so... we shouldn't bother him" Luke congratulated himself into not answer, because he'd regret it later. Bianca was a very young person. At least, her mind was.

"You never bothered someone who's in deep thinking?" And now, Ethan was trying to look cool in front of his new girlfriend. And, considering he never had one while being alive...