Making Decisions

Frank was finding hard to believe what he was being asked.

"You want us to join your guard?" he repeated for like, the hundredth time.

"Yes" the guy who claimed his name was Sigma, groaned "What's so hard to understand?"

"Maybe, because we're always picked to do the job?!" Leo completed Frank's thought. Frank couldn't believe that Leo was alive after all those years. His death (or non-death) had been haunting him and Hazel since the moment they saw the ball of fire explode. Hazel had been having guilty nightmares about who Leo told her that she and Frank were going to regret letting him die, or phrases like 'I thought you were my friends' and stuff for a month straight. If it wasn't for Percy, the couple would probably nowadays will still have them.

"Leo's right" Annabeth jumped into the conversation "It escapes to me to understand why are we always the chosen ones"

"Would you like to someone else doing it instead of you?" the Omicron guy smirked at her. Frank knew he hit a low blow to Annabeth. He was full aware of Annabeth's hibris problems, but no one had ever pushed her like this guy. She was gritting her teeth, but Frank didn't know if it was because of frustration or if she was holding back a remark.

"Let's assume for a second we accept" Jason tried to calm everyone down. It worked "What would we need to do?"

"Please, don't tell me we need to be inside your place for Gods know how long and when we get out, everyone we know is dead" Percy snapped, a glint of terror in his eyes. Frank wouldn't mind very much about it. After all, he had no one to come back and the only person he'd think coming back to was going with him. But, he did noticed similar glances in Jason, Piper, Annabeth and Hazel.

Then, it hit him: they all have at least one family member to say goodbye too.

"Kind of" Chaos admitted, smirking under his hood. Frank had the utter curiosity of seeing under the hood, but the rational side of his brain told him not to "In my 'place', as you call him, Mr. Jackson, time runs differently. One year in the void are three days here" Everyone gasped at this, shocked "More or less. I don't keep very good track of time"

"So, when we get out...?" Piper trailed off, a sense of hope in her voice.

"The person you're living behind will still be alive" Half the demigods breathed relax at his explanation.

"And, once this is over?" Hazel wondered.

"You can either retake your old lives, stay in the guard or-" Chaos stopped, not wanting to reveal more. But the damage was done.

"Or, what?" the last demigod, Alabaster, pushed him to answer.

"You'll know when this is over... Sometimes, knowing the future doesn't mean we can change it" Chaos finished the conversation about that.

"Can we take some time to decide?" Calypso looked at Chaos, a bit wary about it. Chaos nodded and Frank pulled his friends away from the other ones.

"So, what you guys think?" he started, not sure how they'll decide, or even speak about this.

"I suggest he needs to give the job to someone else" Leo butted, pulling out some metal scraps out of his belt. Frank immediately knew he was nervous.

"You have it easy" Piper frowned "You don't have half the Olympians on your tail because of a domino effect!"

"So, I should go with the flow?" he argued back "I'm not getting killed again, Beauty Queen"

"Stop with the nickname!"

"If we accept, we're gonna get blessed" Annabeth concluded, after being quiet a while.

"What makes you think that?" Percy questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

"Because, no half-mortal can survive the Void-"

"They said the same about half-blood and the Pit and here we are" Percy cut her, serious.

"This time is different, Percy" Annabeth continued "Because, no one knows were the Void is"

"The gods does" Frank remembered on of the many stories that Ananbeth taught him "Ju- I mean, Zeus hung Ju- urgh! Hera from it"

"Because they fear it" Hazel got to the same conclusion "It was her punishment for trying to submit her husband"

"And we all know how that turned" Piper made everyone turned to her "What? She hates everyone!"

"Point for her" Jason pecked her cheek "So, what do we do?"

"I say we take it" Leo admitted "If I have to save the world again, I rather do it with a little help on my side"

"I'm with him" Calypso hugged her "I'm tired of just being a watcher of the side. I wanna be able to change things..."

"What do you think, Frank?" Hazel grabbed Frank's hand. Frank too a few seconds before replying.

"You guys are all free to bail on us" Frank put on his Praetor's actitude. He understood that none of them would ditch their families (or the remains of it) for a slim chance to save the world "I'll join with Leo and Calypso. I'm sorry, but I will"

"You won't do it alone, big guy" Percy patted his shoulder, smiling sadly at him "I'll be with you"

"We'll do it as well" Annabeth spoke for the rest of them. Frank turned to Jason and Piper, to see if they would disagree, but he only found determination in his friends' faces "Who better than us to save the world?"

"That's what I'm afraid of" Jason sighed "That we end up worst than when we got into this"

"Then, let's make a promise" Piper proposed, smiling "Let's promise that, no matter what happens with this war. No matter what we have to do, we'll still be being ourselves" Everyone nodded, their hands meeting inside their little circle. Percy gasped for a second and turned to Annabeth. They seemed to be having a silent conversation before leaving. A few minutes later, he was dragging the guy who walked in with Chaos. He looked like he was scolding, but Percy wasn't paying attention. When they reached the group, Percy pulled him with the rest of them.

"No matter what, we're family" he emphaized, looking at everyone "Even you, Alabaster" The guy was taken aback by the answer, but nodded "Family. Till the end"