Chapter 21

Elise's POV

The door slammed behind Michael and Calen. I sat back on the bed and starred at the clock. I had to leave in a few hours, it's not an option. Sighing I collapse on the bed. Shutting my eyes I fall asleep.

[3 hours later]

I bolt awake at the sound of a howl in the distance. I look over at the clock, "Sit!" with how far I'm out of town it's gonna take me awhile to get to work. I jump out of the bed and pull on my flip-flops and run to the door. I yank open the door and try to pull my hair up into a ponytail. My brown hair is thin and difficult. "Umph." I say as I run into a hard chest. The guy grabs my wrists.

"Sorry hun." The way it rolls off his tung is disgusting. I look up to see a smirking Alec, my eyes widen. "Now, what would the Alpha do if he knew you were out of your room with a rouge on the loose?"

"I... Let me go!"

"No can do baby." I gulped audibly.

"Alec, let me go! I have to get to work!" I shout hoping he will let me go... He doesn't.

Instead he pushes me against the wall and locks my hands above my head and crashes his lips to mine. They are harsh and unwelcome. Thoughts of Jack that night come flooding back to me as I tear up. Just as soon as he kissed me I felt him being yanked off of me as I fell to the floor shaking. I heard a crack and out of the corner of my eye saw a body, Alec's body, fall to the ground lifeless.

"Bastard," Michael muttered. He looked over at me, "Elise..." He had a look on his face that was mixed with anger and sadness. I wanted to vomit at the feeling of Alec's lips on mine. I managed to push myself up off the floor and walk over to Michael. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me back, sticking his face in my hair sniffing. He was relaxing.

"Michael, I'm so sorry. I should have stayed in the room! I thought it was safe."

"It's not your fault. But, Elise, I need to mark you." I bit my lower lip, did I really want to be marked? It was like saying I was property, or a dogs territory for peeing on. I shuddered at the thought. "Can we wait till tonight, after I get off work?"

"We'd have to. I'd have to complete the mating process, otherwise we would experience extreme pain, and you'd change."

"Wait, I'd change? Like into a werewolf?"

"Yes, being an Alpha I have that power. And you will get pregnant." I sucked air. I want to be a mother and I know Michael will be a great dad, but I'm always working and he is busy with the pack a lot. I just don't know how it will work.

"Okay," i sigh as I pull away. Careful not to step on Alec's body I walk down the hall. Michael follows me all the way to the truck.

"Are you running?"

"No, I have to go back to the house for work clothes, and then I'm going to work." I state as I hop in the truck. Michael nods, kisses my forehead, and watches me drive off. A thousand thoughts are going through my head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------=---------------------------------------------------------

Michael's POV

I sigh as Elise drives off. I really hope I haven't scared her off in some way. I walk back into the the pack house to the stench of Alec's cold corpse. We thought we could control his rouge ways but deep down there was no human part of him left. He was compelled, controlled by his wolf.

I called a few men to take him outside and bury him. Alec hadn't had many friends, his family was dead, and his mate rejected him, and on top of all that, he had no job. No one would know he ever existed. I cleaned up the blood that had been on the ground and walked outside to pay what little respects I had for him.