Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Michael's POV

"Am I missing something?" Calen and Elise looked back and forth between each other not saying anything. "Calen, what's going on?"

"Elise and I went to high school together." Calen shrugged and I knew he wasn't giving the whole truth but I dropped it, knowing I could get it out of Elise later. "Dinner is ready, by the way." Calen put his hands in his pocket and turned to the dining room. I grabbed Elise's hand and walked with her into the room.

Food was being served, kids, mates, and unmated members of the pack were scattered around multiple tables. It was just easier for me to have multiple tables than one extremely large one. I guided Elise to the table with Calen, Molly, Sebastian and Megan. Sebastian and Megan are mates, they have two children and had known me since we were all small kids. I pulled Elise's chair out for her and pushed it in for her when she sat down. "Don't your parents sit with you or something?" she asked as I sat down myself. I scooted towards her a little more.

"Nope, my father died a few years back from silver poisoning or somethings, and if you couldn't tell, I don't really get along with my mom."

"Oh," She paused as she filled her plate, "Aren't mated wolves that lose their mates, aren't they unstable?"

"Yeah, but my mom took it surprisingly well." I filled my plate and our table went quiet as we ate. On my third serving Elise had finally finished her one plate. "You eat slow," I laughed.

"And you eat a lot!" I shrugged and finished my food. Elise walked with me to the kitchen so we could put our dishes in the dishwasher. She looked out the glass door to our backyard. She hugged herself as she watched birds fly, "I wish I had my camera. It's beautiful here." I went behind her and placed my arms around her waist and rested my head on top of hers.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Awwww, hey I have a question."

"Ask away babe."

"Can we go for a walk before you take me home?"

I frowned, "Of coarse we can go for a walk, but I don't really want to take you back to your apartment, it doesn't feel safe." She turned around so she was facing me.

"Michael, I live there. It's close to work and it's perfectly safe. I don't have any problems living there. I'm a tough girl."

"Babe, you admitted that your neighborhood is bad at my place a few days ago, you let me into your apartment thinking I was a robber and you were completely okay with it, and you ran from me thinking I was a rapist. It's not safe."

"I'm fine! I will not lose my job because you want me to move out of my perfectly safe apartment." She looked so cute when aggravated.

"Let's go for that walk and talk about this." She nods and goes to walk out the door infront of us, "Um, lets go out the front, some young kids are training."

#####################################################################################Elise's POV

The sun was just starting to set, it was beautiful outside. I snuggled close to Michael for a little more warmth, my legs are freezing! "So let's make a deal," Michael began as we walked,"Let's say you move into my house, the house that my dad gave me. You wouldn't have to give up your job, and you'd be safe."

"As great as that sounds, I don't always work the same time as you and I don't have a car to get me to work."

"I have one in my garage." He's so persistent!

"I have a question. If your house was given to you in your parents' will, how did you already get it?" I asked changing the subject.

"My dad didn't put my mom down in the will for the house. He wanted her to be with people, just so she wouldn't commit suicide or anything, so he put me down to receive the house. I gladly accepted it. Now are you moving in with me or am I going to go pack all your stuff and make you move in with me?"

"I'm fine where-"

"No, you are moving in with me sooner or later anyways."

"You never give up do you?"

"Looks like I win. We can go back to the pack house and get my keys. Calen can tail us with his truck so we can get most of your stuff out tonight."

"Fine, I'm not saying I'm happy about this though," I stated pulling away from him slightly. He's blunt, add that to my list of cons. We turned around and walked back to the house. This is gonna be fun.

%%%%^%%%%%%%^%%%%%%%%%%^%%%%%%%^%%%^%%%^%%%%%%%^%^%%%%^%%^^

Michael's POV

After three hours of packing and loading Calen's truck we were finally done. Elise was down talking with the rent person, explaining she would send a check for her month's rent but wouldn't be living here anymore. I waited out in my car while Calen drove to my house to start unloading yet another load of boxes. I rubbed my temples as I waited for her to come outside.

Four minutes later Elise skipped out of the building and jumped in the car. "Ready?" I asked her. I didn't really want to have to come back anytime soon.

"Yupps, you can drive us to your place now," she said as she buckled.

"Our place babe."

"Whatever, just drive, I'm tired and want to sleep."

"Yeah okay. I gotta make my bed before you go to sleep."

"Whoa no, I'm sleeping in a spare room."

"HAHAHAHAHHA, no. You are sleeping in my room."

"Nope," she popped the 'P', "I am sleeping in a spare room, we aren't even dating yet! I am sleeping in a spare room until we have dated at least a month. At LEAST!" I sigh frustrated. She has a point but I don't agree with it at all. I want my mate to sleep in the same room as me, my wolf wants her to! I drum my fingers on the steering wheel as we stop at a red light.

"So... You hungry?"

"You are such a guy, always have food on his mind." She laughed. I love her laugh, her smile, her hair. God I love her already.

"Fine, I'll take that as a no." I turn and drive a little while longer in silence. I didn't want to ask her out and make it seem like I was only asking her out so this month thing would go faster. I wanted to ask her out because I want to be her boyfriend, I want to be the only guy in her life. "Do you have any siblings?" I ask trying to break the ice.

"Yeah two older brothers and a younger sister, what about you?"

"A sister, she's eight."

"Did I meet her tonight?"

"No, she went to stay at a friend's house... Birthday party."

"Oh." We were quiet a little longer. This time she spoke first. "Wanna play 20 questions?"

"Sure."

******************************************-------------------------------*********************************************

AN: Hey guys, thanx for reading. I've already started on the next chapter but it most likey won't be up tomorrow (busy day) soooo.... Sorry in advance if it takes me awhile to update. Welp it is 12:20 here and I am extremely tired. Hope you liked this, keep reading! Oh oh oh, before I forget, thank you 1. for the 1000+ reads, that made my day! and 2. If you have a book you are writing or a book that you are just absolutely in love with please message me, PM me, or just write it in my comments. I am honestly out of books in my library to read.... that's 200 some books that I've read plus 400 some on my touch pad. I NEED new books! I'm open to anything. Thank again. Night~ Claire Davis