Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Elise's POV

I woke up with an arm around my waist. Whoa, I don't remember anything from last night. Did I have sex? No not possible, I'm fully dressed. Relief washed over me. I relaxed and slightly moved closer to the body, the guy's arm tightened on me. I closed my eyes and breathed, so warm.

I jolted up, causing the man's arm to fly away from my waist. "Morning to you too Elise." Groaned a husky, extremely attractive, and shirtless Michael. I breathed sharply holding my hand above my heart. "What the heck are you doing in my apartment? No, my room!" I shouted.

"You were really sick last night, I didn't want to leave you alone."

"So, I was sick and you decided that was reason to sleep in my bed?"

"I was cold, your couch isn't very comfy," Michael shrugged at me. I sighed.

"OH MY GOSH!!! WORK!"

"Calm down Elise I called in sick for both of us."

"What! I have to see Colin!"

"Babe, Colin is fine. He is healing fine, still will have to go through chemo and stuff but he will heal faster than the average person." I starred at him blankly, Babe? Heal fast? What the heck did I miss last night?

Memories of yesterday flooded back to me, Colin's bones transforming, me throwing up. Oh God.

"You... y-you.."

"What about me babe?"

"W-w-werewolf!" I stuttered as I pointed to him. He walked over to me, seeing as I had jumped out of bed and was about to make a run for it. Why couldn't it have been a robber? I made it to my kitchen when an arm was wrapped around my waist pulling me hard against Michael's hard abs. He whispered in my ears sending shivers throughout my body, "Stop running babe, you're mine, I would never hurt you."

As much as I wanted to be scared I just couldn't be. I felt safe in his arms.

#####################################################################################

Michael's POV

I held her to me, breathing in her scent. She smelled of vanilla and strawberries. I could't get enough of it. Her dark hair was out of it's ponytail and laying on her shoulders. I had changed her out of her work clothes last night, it took all of my self control to keep my wolf at bay as we looked at our practically naked mate. I had put her in a pair of gray, loose sweats and a spaghetti strap black tank. She had rolled the hem of the sweats up a little and then pulled them back down so they would cover her legs. She was exposing a little bit of skin between the two articles of clothing.

I wanted her. I had to pull away before I marked her, I just was losing all self control.

I walked back to her room and grabbed my shirt and pulled it on. Elise walked in and looked at me confused. "We're going to go to my pack house." I stated. "We're? Since when is there a we're?" "Since I found out you are my mate." "Mate? What's a mate?" I sighed and threw a pair of flip-flops at her. "I'll explain later, just come with me." "I don't even know you! I'm not gonna go somewhere out of the blue with you! I have work and...." I ran to her and kissed her lips to shut her up. It was fast, and I honestly wouln't have even noticed I had kissed her if she hadn't pulled me back into a kiss. Her lips were so small, but soft. They matched mine perfectly. I wanted to go farther but knew it was a bad idea. I pulled away and took her hand pulling her out of the apartment with me. "Wait! I don't have my shoes on!" she shouted at me. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my car, she, at first, protested and then just relaxed. I set her in the passenger seat of my car and walked to my side. ##################################################################################### Elise's POV I touched my fingers to my lips. I hadn't even thought of kissing him before, it just sorta happened. And trust me, I would have that happen over and over again. 'Stop it Elise' I thought to myself. Michael climbed into the car and began to drive. I starred out the window for a bit and then looked at Michael. I studied his features. His skin was darker than most people's and his hair was all bed-headed. His lips were in a straight line as he drove, his bright blue eye's trained on the road. I wanted to reach over and touch his five o'clock shadow but knew it probably wasn't the best idea. "Like what you see?" Michael smirked and looked over at me. I blushed and felt all the blood rush o my cheeks. "Um... er... yeah" I whisper. He smiled and grabbed my hand and lifted it to his lips, kissed it and then rested it on his leg. I could feel electricity. "We are almost there. Just five more minutes." I nodded and looked at he clock, we had been in the car for almost a hour! I was shocked and was about to ask Michael a question but was completely distracted by his thumb making slow small circles on the hand he was holding. It felt nice. I forgot what I was going to say and sat in silence. "We're here." He let go of my hand and got out. I opened my door and followed him. Looking at the building in front of me I thought of his house. This made his house look like a shack, no joke. It was huge! There's a porch with a little swing on it and then a big glass door. I followed Michael up the stairs to the house and walked in with him. There were people everywhere. I was slowly getting lost in the herd of people, and quite honestly getting scared. A hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me to his side, I looked up at Michael and smiled. He walked past everyone and down a hall, not once letting go of me. He opened a great big wooden door and it showed an office. "So, I think I was about to tell you about mates."