Chapter 19

Elise's POV

I woke up wrapped in Michael's arms and a sandy blanket. I slowly opened my eyes, and was blinded by the rising sun. A bird sat on the side of the truck starring at us. I shifted, trying to lift myself up but was pulled hard agaist Michael. "Michael.." I groaned. He smirked into my hair and snuggled against me.

"Shite! I have to work today!" I yelled, I do work today, but around seven tonight. It can barely be eight in the morning. Michael bolted up next to me.

"Oh, God Elise, I'm sorry, I'll get you there." It was my turn to smirk.

"Oops, I work tonight. Sorry to have woken you." I stood and jumped off the side of his truck into the sand. I lost my footing and face planted into the sand. Michael stood and laughed at me from the truck. "Not funny." I mumbled under my breath as I stood again and wiped the sand off of me.

"Well it actually is really funny," he stated. I gave him a flat look as I walked down the beach. "Hey! Where are you going?"

"For a walk. Care to join me?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to you about last night."

"Oh," I whispered under my breath extremely upset that I had told him what had happened. It's just really embarrassing and I'd rather not repeat that part of my life... Ever.

"Was it Calen?"

"What! No! I dated Calen over a year and a half after it happened, we were really good friends and he was there for me the whole time I was dealing with it. We started dating because it was just so natural for us."

"Who was the guy?" I saw his eyes flash from black to blue, he was fighting with his wolf. I didn't really want to talk to his wolf, I'm not sure I like him.

His wolf won.

"He was a family friend, my mom thought it would be a good idea to go with him because, well I was a shy girl and he was popular. My mom was always obsessed with me being popular. He was a junior and, I'll admit, I kinda liked him. We were somewhat close from dinners together with our families, and when he asked me I was ecstatic. I went with him and I got into trouble with some things that night. I didn't know what he was doing until it was over."

"Where does the prick live?" Michael's wolf growled at me. I felt my heart jumped a little.

"I don't know. I lost touch with everyone from my home town except for my dad and siblings." I spoke honestly.

"What about your mom?"

"She divorced my dad over the whole thing, blaming me for it. She moved to LA and I don't really talk to her anymore."

"Oh. Did you get pregnant?"

"No, I got really lucky. If I had I would have kept the baby and given it up for adoption."

"Okay."

"Michael?"

"It's Tate."

"Huh?"

"Tate, my name is Tate, I'm Michael's wolf."

"Oh... um, can I talk to Michael?" I asked looking down and kicking sand up not really wanting to look into Tate/Michael's dark black eyes.

"Love, I would never harm you, you know I love you. I just want to protect you." Tate spoke, his voice is huskier than Michael's.

"I know, I just want to talk to Michael though." He huffed a sigh but when I looked up Michael's soft eyes were back.

"Elise.."

"Sorry." I said as my eyes crinkled a little with worry.

"He thinks you don't like him."

"It's not that I don't like him, it's just whenever I have to talk to him he's... he's mad."

"He doesn't want to scare you babe. He loves, if possible, more than me." I smile and lean into Michael, I look up at him and gently put my lips to his and kiss him. I could really get use to this.

----------------------------------------------------------============--------------------------------------------------------

Michael's POV

Tate was fighting with me the whole way back to my house, I know why. To have your mate afraid of the werewolf side of you, the side that made you find each other, it truly heartbreaking. But I can understand, Tate has a very bad temper, worse than mine alone. "Michael, are you in there?"

"Sorry babe, I was thinking." I say as I grab her hand and set it on the console.

"Tell Tate it's nothing personal, he just reminds me of... Well he reminds me of Jack."

"Who's Jack?" Tate came through me, I pushed him back before Elise could notice. I could feel his presence in the back of my mind listening intently.

"He's the guy that raped me." She explained looking out the window. Tate was fuming at that information. He fought through my barrier.

"I am nothing like that scum bag sweetheart. I would never do that to you if you didn't want it."

"Hi Tate." I could faintly hear Elise as I fought for dominance of my own body. Approximately three minutes later Tate gave in and let me take control again. When I blinked back in I saw Elise's face just centimeters from mine with her eyes closed. I leaned in and kissed her. I felt her smile and mutter my name against my lips. She knew I had switched back. I pulled away and we both got out of my truck. I opened the front door to be knocked over by some blonde bimbo. "What the hell?"

"Who is this?"

"Mikey! Thank God! I could really use some fun tonight." The blonde purred as I tried to push her off me.

"Get off of me."

"That's not what you were saying a week ago." she pouted.

I heard the front door slam. Shit, I'm seriously screwed.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

AN Hey y'all! Hope you guys had a happy Easter. So I finally managed to fit some actual Michael drama in! I was not trying to stereo-type blondes, I just picture this chick as a blonde. I don't have a lot to say, I'm in a really really good mood and sooo yeah. VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN xoxo ~Claire Davis